Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: demonoid
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 08:14 PM

Someone already beat me to it haha damn. I've never really used Demonoid in the past, plus since its private & public you can get fucked up pretty easy by the sound of it.

What have you got from it?

Music: Oink, Kerrazy
TV - BitMeTV
Apps/other - hardly get em, but public sites generally

EDIT: Just registered anyways, open registration right now so no invite needed.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 08:16 PM

oink is pretty awesome

demonoid is cool too, it has alot of stuff.

bitsoup is another i like as well

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 08:17 PM

I go nuts on Oink uploading & downloading. BitMeTV I've been hammering for months and keeping good ratio's.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 08:42 PM

got a couple poison idea discs
2 nyhc comps
and some metal stuff.
its all workin pretty good thus far
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 09:12 PM

Whats the difference between this stuff and soulseek? Cause thats all stuff I could find and DL off there in a couple hours. Fill me in.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 10:31 PM

I dunno really.
I tried sopulseek but couldnt get ti to work for some reason.
A friend passed this onto me, so I figured I'd pass it on to you guys if you were interested.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 10:32 PM

I used to use Soulseek nearly excusively for years with IRC/FTP but now I'm getting a ton of music off Oink.

Soulseek you gotta wait for users, queue's and double check tracks aren't missing or all the same bitrate.

Torrents like Oink or Kerrazy are generally full albums and tell you what bitrate, and there's usually always a seeder and no queues really. Its easy to start a torrent and wait for it to finish, some are done in 2 minutes, others 8 hours depending on how many seeds & upload speed.

Also depends on your ISP and limits, do they count upload, do you have decent download caps? Torrents will have a lot more overhead packets than Soulseek. If you download a 50MB torrent, upload it 6 times, you've downloaded another 50MB in overheads so that file actually cost you 100MB download. Soulseek has similar but far less.

Bonus for SLSK is the chat rooms, reminiscent of leeching on IRC servers & hanging in DALnet, EFnet & Undernet rooms.

Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-18-2007 at 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Whats the difference between this stuff and soulseek?

with Soulseek, you can only DL a particular album from one person. sure, you can load up several users that have the same album, but each file is downloading individually.

on Demonoid they use torrents which allows you to DL an album from EVERYONE who has the torrent open. kind of like old-school Napster or WinMx or current Limewire. Oink uses the same thing, but has stricter quality ratio requirements.
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 8-19-2007 at 12:47 PM

Please verify the fields and try again.

* Invalid invitation code or code already used.

Go To Top