Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: positivity and the internet
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:22 PM
positivity and the internet

Man I hate the internet sometimes. My free download just made it to punknews.org and the scenesters over there are fucking killing me.

It's amazing what people really think and are willing to say when any and all of it can't be traced back to them. When dudes say man this guys music sucks and I wish he were dead it seriously takes a fucking toll on a brotha.

I'm so sick of the critics.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:24 PM

Do what I do, stop giving a fuck. ;) I know what you mean though.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:26 PM

fuck the cock tasters.
you're doing peeps a favor by hooking up free goods.
what are they doin besides flapping their blow holes?
let em die of aids
upyerbum
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:32 PM

Maybe they should get off of punknews.org and go take part in the scene. Kinda' brings a whole new meaning to the term "Cyberpunk" doesn't it?

I'd guess, a lot of the naysayers are young scenesters who still have a hate on for anything that isn't "pure punk", whatever the fuck that is. The punk-police strike again.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:40 PM

jonny
fuck 'em
and do yourself a favor and not read that shit
it will just make you mad and it aint worth it
you feel good about what you are doing and thats what matters

you come at the king....you best not miss
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:42 PM

I've had this happen in regards to this dumb anti emo shirt I sell. You have to look at these people in the proper perspective. The people who spend their day commenting on punknews, B9, lambgoat whatever just waiting to make "witty" comments about someone else's art are always the biggest humps of the earth. I know people in real life who live to flame someone on a message board. They bring it up in conversations all the time "oh and then I said this and I just know it got to him" These people are pro-level losers. The other thing is probably 85% of them are 17 years old. Teenagers are the scum of the earth.

also if you've never seen Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, go rent it. The end will make you do a backflip.

jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:42 PM

thanks guys.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:54 PM

i never wanted "those people" to like any of the music i was involved with
if they "got it" then i was doing something wrong
it wasnt for them
it was for me and "my" kind

DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
i never wanted "those people" to like any of the music i was involved with
if they "got it" then i was doing something wrong
it wasnt for them
it was for me and "my" kind

that's perfect.

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
upyerbum
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 03:34 PM

Even better, write a song about them. You know not one of em' could respond in kind. I like what my buddy always says, "There's punk-rockers and then there's punk-talkers."

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC

also if you've never seen Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, go rent it. The end will make you do a backflip.

Truth!

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Maybe they should get off of punknews.org and go take part in the scene. Kinda' brings a whole new meaning to the term "Cyberpunk" doesn't it?

I'd guess, a lot of the naysayers are young scenesters who still have a hate on for anything that isn't "pure punk", whatever the fuck that is. The punk-police strike again.

I love it when 15 year old kids tell me what "real punk" is. It gives me an ever expanding list of shitty bands to avoid. If they hate something, there's a good chance I'll like it. It's a filter that works well.

It's these same goofy kids that will tell you that the Clash weren't "real punk" like (insert trendy band name).

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 11:46 PM

Why focus so much on the negative feedback where I know there is positive and productive feedback on here and I'm sure other places for you.

So some people don't like what you do. Anyone who puts their creativity out there for others will get critics who like and dislike what they do. However it is you who creates your music for yourself and not the critics. All forms of art are based on the artists emotions and their perception, not on someone else. If the critics don't get your point then its their loss not yours. You could dwell all you want on these negative comments which will get you nowhere or take what good you can and build off of that.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jonnynewbreed
Man I hate the internet sometimes. My free download just made it to punknews.org and the scenesters over there are fucking killing me.

It's amazing what people really think and are willing to say when any and all of it can't be traced back to them. When dudes say man this guys music sucks and I wish he were dead it seriously takes a fucking toll on a brotha.

I'm so sick of the critics.

fuck punknews.org. when my videos got put up as stories, kids destroyed them and told each other how much they suck. don't listen to those fucks. i hate critics too. it's best to find an honest friend who will tell you straight.

oh, i sent my friend a copy of the download and she said it was good and she usually hates all my music...so, there ya go.

joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi
Why focus so much on the negative feedback where I know there is positive and productive feedback on here and I'm sure other places for you.

So some people don't like what you do. Anyone who puts their creativity out there for others will get critics who like and dislike what they do. However it is you who creates your music for yourself and not the critics. All forms of art are based on the artists emotions and their perception, not on someone else. If the critics don't get your point then its their loss not yours. You could dwell all you want on these negative comments which will get you nowhere or take what good you can and build off of that.

negative feedback, especially when it's mean/malicious tends to stick with you more then positive. don't ask me why. it just does. i've gotten hundreds of positive comments on my videos but it's that one bad one that really stays with you.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies

negative feedback, especially when it's mean/malicious tends to stick with you more then positive. don't ask me why. it just does. i've gotten hundreds of positive comments on my videos but it's that one bad one that really stays with you.

yeah
and people are just ignorant to see past what they think they like as well so dont let it bother you

if someone cant appreciate something as much as you do, then its their loss, fuck em. they dont understand and its not your job to make them. you'll just waste your own valuable time if you tried to.

Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by joemaconmovies
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucabrasi

negative comments stick because you let them stick. No one has control over your emotions but yourself. No matter what is said.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 06:44 AM

Bottom Line is if you're looking for an honest positive opinion on a faceless medium you're barking up the wrong tree.
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 09:25 AM

you're all right. i'm just stating it from someone who can put himself in jonny's shoes.

jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 09:58 AM

No I totally understand and i'm pretty thick skinned. I guess i'm just fucking tired of it. The New Breed dealt with it too but I guess It hurt less because there were 5 of us giving input...this is aimed directly at me.

I'm not bothered and I'm certainly not being kept up at night. The people I care about like it and those that matter (like thorpsters) dig it.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 10:03 AM

Hey Johnny, if need be we can round up the dudes here and go smack em up if you want. I don't have much going on now that I'm not playing hockey. Just let us know Man.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisReed83
Hey Johnny, if need be we can round up the dudes here and go smack em up if you want. I don't have much going on now that I'm not playing hockey. Just let us know Man.

im down fo' sho'

jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 11:15 AM

Fuck yeah. Let's get hard on those mother fuckers. That was the nice thing about TNB...we were big dudes and I think some people were to scared of us to poke fun.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 04:00 PM

You know, the download didn't work for me... I don't know if it decompressed wrong or something. I can't tell you how good it is. What I do know is this... I like the New Breed.

jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-31-2007 at 07:29 AM

shit man. I'm sorry...not really sure what to tell you though. It's too big a file for email. If you have any ideas I'd be happy to try them out for you cos I want you to have it. Worst case just mail me your addy and i'll send you hard copy.

Go To Top