Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: hardcore "style"
Newt80

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 09:33 AM
hardcore "style"

i was thinking last night about the whole lame fashion-core thing, and then i got to thinking is there really an actually hard core style of dressing? when i see pictures of old bands they're usually just wearing skate clothes, or work out type clothes and have short hair. now it just seems people do their own thing.

what do you all think? and what is all of yours style?
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 11:41 AM

hahha, my waredrobe consist soley of band shirts i score at shows, and discount shorts from anywhere, old navy, marshalls, whatever.
i think 75%% of the dudes in hxc dont care about what they wear as long as its comfortable.
The other 25% try to get it right by wearing their super oldschool shoes from 1988, with that long out of print shirt, with blahblah blah!
i think the reason why Hardcore sucks so much now adays is because everyone is competing. "dude i got the new (insert CROOSH band name here" demo and its so rad. what youve ever heard of them?" or " man, the new tour press 7" on marble green with red polkadots of (another CROOSH band) is the best ever, what youve never heard of them?"
Idiots.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 11:45 AM

Fashion of it started back when the HXC kids were wearing kahkis, polo shirts, and wing tips. I'm kidding (obviousley)....

I dont know that there is a dress code but I have noticed a steady similarity amongst most people. Like emos kids seem to wear shirts that they wore when they were 10. Hardcore kids from my area wore dickies, a work shirt, or or some type of button down shirt, and typicaly docs or something like that.

Me? I wear loose (not baggy) cords and a rock shirt of some type. Some times I rock a collared shirt. As for my feet, I have a comfy pair of Vans right now....

LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GabeTexasGAMC
hahha, my waredrobe consist soley of band shirts i score at shows, and discount shorts from anywhere, old navy, marshalls, whatever.

and pants, as long as they are comfy.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 12:21 PM

jeans and band shirts from shows and a pair of boots. I've been dressing like this for so many years I'm incapable of changing it. Although I do wear polo shirts too, often from a band as well.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 01:17 PM

new england definitely has a style. camo shorts, puffy vests, sauconys (except i think its been dunks and now is new balance), basketball/gym shorts during summer, etc. oh and red sox hats. every fuckin kid has a red sox hat. its fucking 20 degrees out on a regular basis but kids still wear camo shorts to shows, it boggles my mind.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 01:37 PM

i just laugh at this thread.

no need to be discussed anymore!
fuck hardcore! and fuck humanity cuz its pathetic.

=) im so neg.

but I do my thing, and it also bothers many kids, i wear baggy clothes... (that actually is usually toughguy and thugcore bands and thats because its whats available, but Ill add its the most comfortable threadz) and I wear tighter shit like tee's and what not for other bands... so I don't really have one style that I conform to.. im just down for whatever I think looks good on me and reppin bands i respect. some kids here dont understand that.. i tell them, its just clothes who cares... youdont gotta look a certain way and you dont have to have tatoos or stretched ears to be validated as a hardcore kid

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 01:41 PM

well, there have always been trends, but i don't recall anything as drastic as this whole makeup and girl jeans thing. (honestly, the jeans fuck me up more than the makeup.) some of the trends during my prime hardcore days included...

1. Champion products
  2. black-cut-off-sleeve-headbands
  3. krishna booka-booka bead necklaces (thanks a lot, Ray)
  4. backpacks stuffed full o' crap like books and bowling balls

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
its fucking 20 degrees out on a regular basis but kids still wear camo shorts to shows, it boggles my mind.

during the winters of the late 80's and early 90's, hardcore kids in philly and nyc were really into those SUPER puffy coats with the huge fur hoods. problem was, people would wear them into the pit, and they were so big, you could only have like 15 people in front of the band, it was so packed. i'm surprised people didn't pass out from heat stroke.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Newt80

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 02:08 PM

lol, yeah the girl jeans and androgynous look is pretty big here. in the south all styles get sort of mixed together. i always just do my own thing, band shirts, jeans, and usually skate shoes, or my black nike boots. i also wear a lot of the same stuff i wore since i was a skater at 15 haha. like vans, dickie slacks (i got a brown pair yo!), and comfortable shorts.

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
well, there have always been trends, but i don't recall anything as drastic as this whole makeup and girl jeans thing. (honestly, the jeans fuck me up more than the makeup.) some of the trends during my prime hardcore days included...

1. Champion products
  2. black-cut-off-sleeve-headbands
  3. krishna booka-booka bead necklaces (thanks a lot, Ray)
  4. backpacks stuffed full o' crap like books and bowling balls
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 03:34 PM

vans, dickie or camo cut offs, or basket ball shorts,(so rad to skate in) and a band or skate t-shirt, 19 years of the same thing....oh and now add sweat pants for the winter weather...
Newt80

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 05:40 PM

haha couldn't agree more bro, it's all about the sweats!

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
vans, dickie or camo cut offs, or basket ball shorts,(so rad to skate in) and a band or skate t-shirt, 19 years of the same thing....oh and now add sweat pants for the winter weather...
forsaken

[*] posted on 3-4-2005 at 08:10 PM

cammo shorts = best thing ever.

BIG pockets that button close .... you can keep ur watch, wallot and shit in them and mosh and you'll never lose em.
GOLD GRILL
*ASSHOLE*

Mood: The Shins

[*] posted on 3-6-2005 at 03:03 AM

For the past six weeks I've been wearing a stylish orange jumpsuit with the OIS/MOC logo on it with polyurethane foam stylishly splatered all over. Also, I have Isocynate stains all over my forearms from pumping this shit into my day tanks twice a shift (This will definatley help you get cancer, if not the girls). Last but not least, I wear all leather 5 layer soul Rocky Boots. I have also grown out a monster of a neck beard and mustache. FUCKIN HARD.

I just can\'t seem to STAND STILL
viva hate

Mood: choking victim

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 07:41 AM

i think all this regular discussion from you guys about fashion is very amusing, but i'm also interested in what you think about the girls fashion. the only time i've read a complaint was on some random guys myspace page about hating the betty page hair cut a lot of gals sport.

now living in LA, every show seems like a there's a catwalk somewhere in the room. i personally like "plain" looking guys and definitely find it less attractive when a dude is more dolled up than me. I guess i'm kinda a sucker for military influenced style, but moving on....does anyone besides me hate this electroclash, new wave hooker, super glossy, flashy crap girls are wearing? or trying to look like a mark ryden painting?

let\'s scrub that sensitivity with some sandpaper....
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
RobXRay

Mood: Kill Your Idols

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 01:38 PM

camo shorts rule. they are the ultimate in clothing. you can go fishing, ride bikes, put tools in them, play any sport in them. you can do anything you want in camo shorts. it's too bad people think they are"fashionable" fuck that, they are just plain awesome.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by viva hate
does anyone besides me hate this electroclash, new wave hooker, super glossy, flashy crap girls are wearing? or trying to look like a mark ryden painting?

I'm glad i haven't seen this yet.. :).

Fluffy bitches make my head hurt

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 02:18 PM

The fact that there are so many girls at (most) shows these days is still kinda new to me, so I find all of them entertaining. Plus, I'm married, so nothin's goin' past lookin' anyway.

As for my personal preference, I like simple girls. Not simple like dumb, but simple meaning fresh and classic looking. I equate a girl who is really done up with someone who takes a long-ass time to get out of the house, and that drives me nuts. And as far as the outfits go, it's like Dave Chapelle said, "Well, you're wearing a whore's uniform!"

Oh, and when I was living in San Francisco, yes, there were WAY too many Bettie Page bangs walking around. I think SF residents were actually required to have Bettie Page haircuts and star tattoos there for a while.

Newt80

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 02:59 PM

yo i'm in the military, what's up!? :)

Quote:
Originally posted by viva hate
i think all this regular discussion from you guys about fashion is very amusing, but i'm also interested in what you think about the girls fashion. the only time i've read a complaint was on some random guys myspace page about hating the betty page hair cut a lot of gals sport.

now living in LA, every show seems like a there's a catwalk somewhere in the room. i personally like "plain" looking guys and definitely find it less attractive when a dude is more dolled up than me. I guess i'm kinda a sucker for military influenced style, but moving on....does anyone besides me hate this electroclash, new wave hooker, super glossy, flashy crap girls are wearing? or trying to look like a mark ryden painting?
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 03:14 PM

newt's linin' up another huuug!

GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 03:58 PM

dude, i love the whole tattooed bettie page girl, i was way into the whole rockabilly greaser thing when i was in h.s. (ot so much that id dress like it, but i had one hell of a pomp). So chicks like that are way hot!
The whole dressing like a new wave hooker oout of the 80s is just horrible. with triagkes on the face in green and shit. Bah!
I love going to mexico because you see these really beautiful girls wearing B4B shirts and jeans.
Its sooo hot.
Newt80

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 04:42 PM

haha! i'm an online mac dude, like Napolean's older brother in napolean dynamite, hahaha.

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
newt's linin' up another huuug!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 06:12 PM
KIP!

Newt80

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 06:40 PM

haha! dude that reminds me i need to find out where i can get those american flag pants the martial arts nerd had in that movie. man no one will mess with me if i get those!:cool:
RobXRay

Mood: Kill Your Idols

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 09:35 PM

rex kwon do. haha
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top