Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Max & Igor are back together in The Cavalera Conspiracy
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 10:24 AM
Max & Igor are back together in The Cavalera Conspiracy

http://www.myspace.com/thecavaleraconspiracy

Brazilian metal titans Max and Igor Cavalera have commenced writing and recording new material for the first time in 12 years, since recording Sepultura's Roots in 1995. The new project, named Cavalera Conspiracy, features the Cavalera brothers (Max on vocals and rhythm guitar and Igor on drums), Soulfly guitarist Marc Rizzo and Joe Duplantier from Gojira on bass. Rex Brown (Pantera) cameos on bass on one track. Another track features a collaboration with Max, Joe and Richie Cavalera (Incite) on vocals.

Monte Conner, Roadrunner Records Senior VP of A&R recently visited the band in the studio. "Having stopped by the studio, I can tell you the magic between Max and Igor is still there. When these brothers play together, it's like the planets align,? he says. "Igor's playing is simply on fire, and as always, Max continues to have one of the most recognizable and powerful voices in all of metal. It was great to see both Max and Igor with such big smiles on their faces."

This long-anticipated reunion between the Cavalera brothers is something fans across the globe have been clamoring for since Sepultura's last gig in December 1996. Hailing from Belo Horizonte in central Brazil, Sepultura have gained a reputation as the one of the most highly regarded and successful death/thrash metal bands of all time, with two Gold albums under their belts ? Chaos A.D. (1994) and Roots (1996).

"When Igor, and I met at the 10th Annual D-Low Memorial Show and got the instruments in our hands, it was like we had never been separated. The metal was flowing in our veins,? comments Max. "It was the same in the studio."

Recording took place this past July at Undercity Studios in Los Angeles, with Logan Mader (ex-Machine Head guitarist). Mixing at Undercity is currently underway. The still untitled record is tentatively slated for a February 2008 release. Among the 11 songs set to appear are: "Inflikted,? "Bloodbrawl,? "Holy Poison,? "The Doom Of All Fires,? "Ultra-Violent? and "My Sanctuary.? A b-side cover of the Possessed death/thrash classic "The Exorcist? was also recorded.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 10:42 AM

Fantastic news. I don't think I ever doubted they'd be back together. I thought Soulfy sucked. I saw them live once and they were good but on CD they suck. Sepultura to a big nose dive in my opinion when they released Roots.

I'd love to see Billy from Biohazard join up with these two.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 10:48 AM

This will blow fat cocks. Just sayin' These guys are totally irrelevant to anything good and non Ozzfest going on in metal.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 11:18 AM

I am anxious to hear it.
JUICE MAYNE MSHC

Mood: new CF songs

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 12:45 PM

I'll be surprised if this isn't the same kind of almost-nu-metal crap that Soulfy and post-Chaos AD Sepultura are.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 01:22 PM

I'd love to hear a bunch of Nailbomb-esque speed, but I guarantee its more raindance metal.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-14-2007 at 03:04 PM

no desire unless its SEPULTRA

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 12:55 PM

Yeah, if only they could kick that singer dude out of what now passes for Sepultura in those circles and become THE Sepultura again. I have to be honest... some Soulfly records have been Sepultura without the other dudes. Dark Ages is seriously like Arise part 2.

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
Yeah, if only they could kick that singer dude out of what now passes for Sepultura in those circles and become THE Sepultura again. I have to be honest... some Soulfly records have been Sepultura without the other dudes. Dark Ages is seriously like Arise part 2.

^^^^^^^^^ that dude is from a good band from Clevo and Akron Ohio called OUTFACE. I think he does that band justice. the fact that they suck is just that, they suck.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 04:08 PM

Nah, Sepultura got infinitely worse when that dude joined the band. His hardcore credentials not withstanding... Sepultura sucked worse than Roots after he joined. To make matters worse, when that dude joined the band there were shows where they couldn't even remember their classics. That never would have happened with Max in the band.

Max seems more focused now than ever. Soulfly's been getting more and more Arise-era Sepultura since that album with the Rastafarian weirdness.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 08:33 PM

i liked soulfly
the first soulfly was great, minus tha part with durst squealing on it
the second one lost me though
dark ages was actually pretty good i think.
id love to hear more sepultura business
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 09:47 PM

Soulfly licked balls. I liked them about as much as I like emo.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 10:45 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing this.

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-15-2007 at 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Soulfly licked balls. I liked them about as much as I like emo.

Dude, get Dark Ages. I'm telling you... it's Sepultura.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-16-2007 at 10:53 AM

this could go a number of different ways. i'm anxious, but a little nervous, to find out which.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
forsaken

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 04:20 AM

This is gonna be the biggest deal in metal (in recent memory) and i can picture Roadrunner rubbing their grubby paws togeather right now so if you're expecting another Beneath the Remains you're gonna be let down.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 05:43 PM

Roadrunner puts out so much shit these days. I saw an ad for some ass rock shit like Nickelback the other day... gayness.

Go To Top