Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 4 dead cops
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 12:13 AM
4 dead cops

How come this hasn't been posted on the board? I thought 4 dead police regardless where they were shot would have been board worthy news. Fucking insane shit. I need to hit more news sites up, Australia's cover of anything international is pathetic at best.

There's tons of news on www.canoe.ca www.cbc.ca and www.ctvnews.ca on this story of 4 RCMP officers (our version of the FBI) who got shot dead by someone in a dope house before the dude killed himself.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/03/03/rcmpalert...

4 RCMP officers killed on Alberta farm
Last Updated Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:41:06 EST
CBC News
ROCHFORT BRIDGE, ALTA. - A raid on a suspected marijuana grow operation in rural Alberta has left five people dead ? four of them RCMP officers. It is the single worst multiple killing of RCMP officers in modern Canadian history.

INDEPTH: Killed on the job

Const. Brock Myrol (courtesy Mayerthorpe Freelancer)
"It's my sad duty to inform you that four members of the RCMP were killed today in the line of duty ? four brave young members," said RCMP Assistant Commissioner Bill Sweeney. All of those killed were described as junior officers.

Police have not officially named the deceased officers but one of them has been identified as 29-year-old Const. Broack Myrol, originally of Red Deer, Alta.

Friends say Myrol had joined the Mayerthorpe detachment a mere two weeks ago, and had recently become engaged to his girlfriend.

A national newspaper also identified one of the deceased as Const. Leo Johnston, a 33-year-old ace marksman. Johnson had been on the force about four years and had received Crown Pistols and Crown Rifles badges.

According to police the incident unfolded early Thursday morning when four RCMP officers ? three from the Mayerthorpe detachment and another from nearby Whitecourt, took part in a raid on a farm near Rochfort Bridge. The officers were investigating allegations of stolen property and a marijuana grow operation.

Rochfort Bridge is located near Mayerthorpe, about 130 kilometres northwest of Edmonton.

Looking ashen and shaken, RCMP spokesman Cpl. Wayne Oakes told a news conference that the officers were killed inside a Quonset hut - a rounded, steel storage facility - on the farm. They had been shot.

FROM MARCH 3, 2005: Zaccardelli calls grow ops 'plague on our society'

The Quonset hut that police suspect held the marijuana growing operation in Rochfort Bridge, Alta.
Their bodies were discovered by emergency response team officers at about 2:20 p.m.

Asked if the victims had been ambushed, Oakes said, "I don't know."

The suspect in the killings has been identified as Jim Roszko, 46, who apparently killed himself after the shootout.

Speaking to reporters on Thursday, the suspect's father Bill Roszko said that his son was on a dangerous path and they hadn't spoken in nine years.

"He's not my son, he's a wicked devil," said Bill Roszko.

News vehicles were kept away from the scene through the day while police investigated.

FROM MARCH 4, 2005: Police say busting grow ops extremely dangerous

The killing of the four officers appears to be unprecedented in modern Canadian history. "You'd have to go back to 1885, to the Northwest Rebellion, to have a loss of this magnitude. It's devastating," said Sweeney.

Police went to property Wednesday

The incident started on Wednesday afternoon when police went to the property to investigate a suspected grow op. While there, they saw stolen car parts and stolen property. Two officers remained overnight.

Around 10 a.m. local time Thursday, the other officers returned and were shot at. They returned fire.

Police requested help from the military around noon.

The first word of a problem came from Alberta Solicitor General Harvey Cenaiko who said the RCMP lost contact with the four at about 10 a.m.

"As far as we know, there's four officers not responding to their radios, so there is an indication that something is serious here," Cenaiko said earlier in the day.

After the shooting the RCMP rushed at least two emergency response teams from Edmonton and Red Deer to the area, along with reinforcements from the Edmonton police. The Canadian military was put on alert, but later told it wasn't needed.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Killthehumans

Mood: simon and garfunkal

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 01:20 AM

too bad they were mounties, and not actaul Pigs

just take a look at the papers
your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
name to make the bodies pile higher
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
at the script they sell us
but now the victims, they\'re rising
their numbers\'s multiplying
they want their revenge for the years
that they\'ve been dying
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Killthehumans
too bad they were mounties, and not actaul Pigs

that's the dumbest shit i have heard on this board.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 03:44 AM

my dad was a pig. i'm glad no canadians shot him.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:06 AM

thats just awful and what their jobs were or what country the scumbag was from don't have any bearing on it.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
thats just awful and what their jobs were or what country the scumbag was from don't have any bearing on it.

exactly.
im very pro cop and i hate when people say dumb shit as if they are glad one is hurt or killed.
bullshit.
grow the fuck up.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 11:54 AM

sorry Killthehumans, you're not getting much support on that one around here.

i don't know if i would consider myself 'pro-cop', in like, an outgoing sort of way, (even though my dad was one), although i'm definitely not 'anti-cop'! gotta have some respect for what those people do for a living , especially in a city like this.

by the way, canadians, are the mounties actually mounted? or are they just kind of a different division of law enforcement that used to be mounted? like we have our local (city or town) police, the state troopers, then national level, fbi and what have you.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
RobXRay

Mood: Kill Your Idols

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 01:26 PM

they are not mounted anymore. the rcmp polices(is that a word?) in rural areas as well as being like the canadian version of the fbi.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 01:39 PM

we definitely have mounted divisions within local juristictions (not all, obviously), just like we have a K9 division, or whatever the hell else.

so if the RCMP are no longer mounted, do they at least still have the dope red uniforms like you see in the old movies (and kevin harris deck graphics)?

defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 01:43 PM

There are shitty cops just like there are shitty everything else...
police get a bad rap because of the nature of their job...
to serve and protect
if one fucks up it makes them all look bad, and the media jumps all over it

but there are good people out there not trying to fuck anyone over, and not trying to pull some bullshit, but would rather see good neighborhoods, and safe streets.... then kids in drug infested areas, playing paper gangster

I think everyone should have a hand in how safe their neighborhood is.

Also fuck getting shot at as a part of your job, to protect someone else, and only making like 40,000 a year.

Teachers, cops, firefighters/emt, farmers and the military should all make more money then they do...

damn I almost sound conservative, time for another throat tattoo
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane
we definitely have mounted divisions within local juristictions (not all, obviously), just like we have a K9 division, or whatever the hell else.

so if the RCMP are no longer mounted, do they at least still have the dope red uniforms like you see in the old movies (and kevin harris deck graphics)?

They still have the red uniforms but those are mainly for special appearances. I believe they have something more subtle for the everyday job.

As for Killthehumans, Mounties ARE real cops. Wishing death on any cop is fucking lame ass bullshit for 12 yr olds. Grow up. Be glad you have the police to protect you and your family on a daily basis.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 03:12 PM

police dont protect shit.
they are only there after the fact.

GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 04:08 PM

i guess it didnt make news because police are dropping like flies in the u.s. ever 10 minutes. i know that canada has like no guns or something. so its more of a big deal when someone gets shot. I live on the border, so there dudes getting shot ever 2 minutes or being kidnapped and shit.

Stupid statement about too bad they were real "pigs"
sorry dude, but that shi was disrespectful towards the dead.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 04:54 PM

Where I used to live if shit got ill, I would call the cops. They cant be everywhere at once, but when it goes down, they get there. I've been held at gun point by a stick up kid, and the cops really worked with me. They are real good people. For anyone of you to say that they arent reliable, or they deserve to die is insencitive. Cops are dads, friends, husbands, shit even wives, and sons and daughters you get the idea. They are people. To hate a cop because he's a cop is as fucking stupid as not liking someone simply because of their skin color. Be a better person than that....

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 09:09 PM

Firemen only come after the fact. You can't stop something from happening if you don't know its going to happen. They aren't psychic.
The RCMP still ride horses & wear the hot red for celebrations, funerals, national holiday stuff & things like that. You get a lot up in Northern Ontario where the OPP (Ontario Provincial) don't have offices. We get municipal (Toronto & area or Niagara Falls & surrounding areas), Provincial (like the OPP, not in all provinces though) and the RCMP (like the FBI in every province, especially those with no provincial police force).
They do a lot of drug busts and immigration smuggling rings, working with the FBI and other international agencies.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Killthehumans

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:24 PM

Once again i have to explain to people the difference between Pigs and cops...not all cops are pigs...pigs are the ones that blinded my friend for life when he refused to move away from a park bench because he wanted to finish his sandwich. Cops on the other hand are just people doing thier jobs... The two are not interchangable.

your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
that they\'ve been dying
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:37 PM

what

Black People vs. Niggers?

Yes. wtf.

Killthehumans

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:41 PM

Pigs=small town cops that repeatitly beat you for eating a sandwhich even when you are screaming "i cant fucking see".

Cops=average police officers

your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
that they\'ve been dying
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Firemen only come after the fact. You can't stop something from happening if you don't know its going to happen. They aren't psychic.
The RCMP still ride horses & wear the hot red for celebrations, funerals, national holiday stuff & things like that. You get a lot up in Northern Ontario where the OPP (Ontario Provincial) don't have offices. We get municipal (Toronto & area or Niagara Falls & surrounding areas), Provincial (like the OPP, not in all provinces though) and the RCMP (like the FBI in every province, especially those with no provincial police force).
They do a lot of drug busts and immigration smuggling rings, working with the FBI and other international agencies.
You down with OPP?

Veritas odium parit
Killthehumans

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 11:03 PM

Probally shouldnt have said it the way i did...but ever since that shit went down with my buddy being blinded after being jabbed in the eye by a baton for refusing to move before he was done eating i have held a deep resentment for many of them. You dont think shit like that goes down any more. It does. all you need is a small town full of hicks and basically a sheriff can do what he wants as long as the town folk don't like that person.

your leaders
they\'re killers
they\'re liars
what they do in your
the murders, the terror
they\'ve done it forever
as we sit band and smile
that they\'ve been dying
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
Teachers, cops, firefighters/emt, farmers and the military should all make more money then they do...

right on.
this i agree with 100%
jonnynewbreed
Posting Freak

Mood: Quite nice actually.

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 11:47 PM

I'm saddened that four young men were killed while doing they're job. They were just four young men, like myself, trying to earn a living...and now they're dead and thats not funny.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ENDERA.x
what

Black People vs. Niggers?

Yes. wtf.

EXACTLY!

hahahah im all down with this argument!
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 11:02 AM

That's disgusting. I like people who bring up the argument that weed never hurt anyone. I hope they find whoever did it and murder their families in front of them. And anyone on here who wants to talk shit on cops can blow me. And Killthehumans, you friend should have moved plain an simple. I'm not saying shit is right, but back in the day you listened to cops or got an ass wooping. We don't have time for bullshit like that when real shit is going on that gets us killed.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 11:33 AM

ooh, it's gettin' hot in here, boy!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top