Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Floorpunch to reunite for benefit show in Philly
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-23-2007 at 04:31 PM
Floorpunch to reunite for benefit show in Philly

New Jersey hardcore band Floorpunch (Equal Vision Records) will reunite on October 28th at the Starlight Ballroom in Philadelphia, PA to play a benefit show for the family of Robby Redcheeks (ex-Damage). Here's a statement from show organizer, Joe Hardcore:

"The benefit show was meant to be a special occasion where someone who is loved and cherished has suffered a tragedy or loss that alone he couldn't recover from. Robby Redcheeks lost his mother to cancer a week after This Is Hardcore Fest this summer. He called me when he was at Sound And Fury to tell me he isn't moving to California because she is sick and has been diagnosed with leukemia. For most of us, the time between those two fests is spent on tour, working hard and always in anxious anticipation from one coast and great fest to another. To think that those few short weeks would be her last was inconceivable.

I am happy to be able to be one of the guys Robby can call on for help and to be able to give it to him. We will be holding a show in Philadelphia, a city that would not have a scene like we do today without the work he put into it 12 years ago. We've called up some old friends who haven't played in awhile and we've got the bands that have given Robby the strength to deal with all the hardship that has fallen on him. I've only been involved in 2 other benefit shows that are as dear to me and so close to what I feel a benefit show should be held for. One of modern day hardcore hardest working, most dedicated has suffered the kind of loss that few can really bounce back from, on top of being dealt massive financial responsibility and left to help raise three teenage boys, the youngest who suffers from Autism. I wish we never did these kinds of shows, I wish my friends who have no pain and no worries, but I am proud of the hardcore scene enough to know that at times like this we're going to pull together and help someone truly in need out. Come out and show your support, the lineup is absolutely the best and the cause could be no better."

Tickets for the show are $15 in advance and doors open at 1:30pm. Also performing will be Blacklisted, Cold World, Have Heart, Bitter End, and Let Down.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-23-2007 at 09:52 PM

I had a 7" and it was good. Now I only have the cd FAST CARS AND FAST WOMEN. That is almost better.

Good band and a good cause the do a reunion.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 9-24-2007 at 12:04 AM

got this info from The Kill Decibel board:

Quote:

ok since the rumor mill has been let out the gates & i have had a really trying month. i will be brief with this as i can. i will have a full info release once we get all the details squared away.

the day before Sound & Fury my mother (54 years old) was diagnosed with lukemia. after battling it in the hospital for exactly 1 month she passed away. this was very sudden. everything was fine 2 months ago. she passed away in her sleep with my stepdad, brother and me in the hospital with her.

i appreciate the friends that have been there for me and my family. joe HC especially. he really helped me deal with this more than anyone.

my mother was remarried when i was 20 to a good man. ... she married into 5 kids and then had 2. most of the kids are grown up and out of the house at this point. but there is 3 young kids still there 11, 13, & 16.
the youngest is autistic & the best kid ever. my stepdad charlie is one of the best dads on the planet, and best husbands ever. he has always worked 3 jobs to keep the family a float, while my mother was raising a huge house full of kids.

right now im just trying to be there for my little brothers. this weekend was the funeral and looking at my brothers was the hardest thing i have ever had to do. yes its hard for me. but all i can think about is them. this is a time in a childs life where something like this can turn a kid on a good path, down the wrong one. i will do anything to keep them going straight.

the reason for a benefit show is to help my stepdad pay for the costs of the funeral ($8300) and the $5000 deductable on the month long hospital stay. not to mention the time he took off with no income to be at my mothers side the entire time. he stayed in the hospital room with her on a cot every night. this is what kind of man he is. i cant even put into words how much respect i have for this man. he is a working class hero. he is what family is.

my whole life i have had 2 families. the ones at home that i am related to. and the ones in the HC scene. i have spent my life involved with something great. i have made tons of friends that will be there forever just like family. i would do anything for both of these families. and this is just where one side of my family is helping the other side of my family.

joe HC & R5 are helping me with the show. as of right now i DO NOT have a confirmed date. it will be in late october or early november. i do have some confirmed bands though. yes floorpunch is one of them, and cold world is also playing. the other bands are in the works.

please do me a favor and do not email me regarding the show. as soon as i know whats up it will be posted. i understand people will want to come from far. so i will try to have it set with in a week.

i would like to thank porter, zev, kingshot, bill, & zusi for coming out of retirement to help an old friend out. thats what this is about. family helping famly.

i set up an email address if you want to write anything to my family or send your condolences. if you are looking to send donations you can also paypal at the same address.

familyhelpingfamily07@yahoo.com

sincerly, thanks
Robby Redcheeks

Then I got this:

Sunday October 28th
Doors 1:30 pm

FloorPunch
Blacklisted
Cold World
Have Heart
Bitter End
Let Down

@ the Starlight Ballroom
460 N. 9th Street
(between Spring Garden & Callowhill Sts.)
$15 in advance (www.r5productions.com tickets up on sale this week)

For those who can't make it and would like to send support here's the paypal address for donations or if people wanted to write something:

familyhelpingfamily07@yahoo.com

Tickets

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-24-2007 at 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
I had a 7" and it was good. Now I only have the cd FAST CARS AND FAST WOMEN. That is almost better.

Fast Times at the Jersey Shore?
Gooch

Mood: Government Warning

[*] posted on 9-24-2007 at 11:56 AM

Quote:

"Fast Cars, Fast Woman" was the name of Fastbreak's first Lp.
"Fast Times at the Jersey Shore" is the Floorpunch Lp.

I'm definitely going to this.

My mind is Clear, Free from hurt. My mind is Clear, Value its worth!
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 9-24-2007 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooch
Quote:

"Fast Cars, Fast Woman" was the name of Fastbreak's first Lp.
"Fast Times at the Jersey Shore" is the Floorpunch Lp.

I'm definitely going to this.

^^^^^^^^^ this is correct. My bad. FASTBREAK were awsome too.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 10-5-2007 at 09:49 PM

Limited print to be sold ONLY at the show...

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic

Go To Top