Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New Starkweather
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 08:04 PM
New Starkweather

I should have a link up to one of the new songs later on tonight or tomorrow. The song is 'Taming Leeches With Fire" which we recorded a long time ago but never released. We re-did it for Croatoan. It will be the unmastered version which I know doesn't mean a whole lot to most people. It should sound a little bit better on the official release.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 08:12 PM

get ready, you fuckers!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 08:16 PM

Hey Duane, I swear someday I'll send you that test press. I'm in the shitter and I've only left the house 2 or 3 times in the last few weeks. All I do is sit at the computer and look at dogs and metal. Dogs as in dogs, not women. I hate women. Do you remember the old english punk band 'The Apostles'? They had this quote that I almost got tattooed around my waist when I was 20: "The sunlight that shone from your eyes in the beginning/Now blinds me with hatred for you and all women." That would impress the ladies...
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 08:42 PM

Fuck it. It's not like I'm announcing the cure for cancer or anything (htat comes next week) here goes:

http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/22469/
LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 09:00 PM

Awesome, I think this was one of the tracks you had up on mp3.com before it was taken down correct?

edit:

Sounds great, can't wait to pick this up.

TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 09:26 PM

Yeah, but it's a new version. Better recording, diferent vocals, blah blah blah. Uh oh, you're from Middletown. Were you at any of the infamous All Out War/Starkweather riots? I don't think we ever played a show in Middletown/Newburgh that didn't end in a huge fucking brawl.
LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 09:32 PM

Unfortunately I never attended any Avalon or Eclipse shows. My parents half of the time wouldn't let me go. Plus up until 98 I was mainly into sepultura and pantera. Then my friend in highschool intorduced me to all out war and that was that.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 09:52 PM

those upstate all out war / starkweather shows were so violent, that the one time i was gonna go up to one, i got into a fight in the middle of the street in north philly before the show, and wound up missing the caravan up to newburgh. but, hey, i had defend the honor of the acclaim!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:13 PM
come on...

i want all of you to give this a listen and tell us what you think. i know many of you aren't into this style of music, but check it out, and really listen to it. concentrate! the music on this track gets fucking heavy and vocals are amazing.

LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:13 PM

Not to pull away from the thread but more details about the fight rocky!

TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 10:38 PM

Fights always trump Starkweather news... How about me versus 5 or 6 very angry drunk mexican fella's in New Mexico on New Years 2003. That was the night I hung up my gloves but I still swear I won).
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-7-2005 at 11:33 PM

rennie hooked me up with a copy and all i have to say is that its great.
dark, heavy as shit.
friggin scarey.
xMIKExFORxLIFEx

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TTF
Fights always trump Starkweather news... How about me versus 5 or 6 very angry drunk mexican fella's in New Mexico on New Years 2003. That was the night I hung up my gloves but I still swear I won).

hey todd! you still online? dunno if you know me or not but i'm xmikex from scotland,i've been friends with rennie for a good few years now,i also know murren.be good to connect with you someway or other!
xMIKExFORxLIFEx

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:20 AM

time to jet! it's getting late here in scotland,nearly 5.30am,time for sleep me-thinks.maybe connect with you later though todd! take it easy.xmikex.
GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 06:30 AM

Ok...
Its not my cup of tea.
The vocals are brutal as hell. The singing vocals take some getting used to.
The Music+Vocals=Demonic.
It kinda like the first time i heard Coil, I started to get sick to my stomach, well this was like that to a lesser degree. Not in a bad way, just in a what the fuck kind of way.
Its very texturized, I like that.
I think this is something that someone would put on at a party or in between bands at a show and kids would be asking who the fuck that was...
MikeInhuman

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 11:34 AM

Is TTF Todd????

Is so, how the hell are you man?

Mike Scondotto

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 11:47 AM

No Shit. Starkweather. A friend of mine introduced me to these guys (musicaly) in the real early 90s. The track on HXCMP3 is crazy.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 11:47 AM

Not really my cup of tea. Dig the music, but vocals are hard to get into.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 12:15 PM

Starkweather, Confusion, Merauder live at the Crazy Country Club. Yeah it's Todd. I'm trying to pimp the new album a little and I like to keep in touch with Big Duane who is my spiritual advisor. Not exactly the right forum to post our shit but hey, who gives a fuck. Sucks being really old............................................................................school.
MikeInhuman

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:02 PM

Todd, any chance of a NYC show in 2005?
I am waiting on Rennine to send me a copy of the new shit.

m.

TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:07 PM

Yeah, we'll play about a dozen shows on the east coast after it's released. I'd like to play CB's one more time before it's shut down (see the news). Always my favorite place to play. One of the few places we ever got treated with respect by the owners and one of the only places we ever got paid. The release party will be up in Albany though, because we always do well up there and are always entertained by the absolutely fucking insane people up there.
LilOz
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:09 PM

Play club ny in middletown!

TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 01:53 PM

You know, I've posted the clip in a couple of different places and it's been getting savaged pretty badly. No surprise. I've always joked that the 29,000 hits on our site are the same 10 people or so each hitting 2,900 times. What I appreciate so far on this site, though, is that even the people that don't like it, Gabe and Discipline, have shown some respect. Maybe that's because of my connection with Duane or something, but anyway, it's appreciated. We won't be playing any shows until the thing is released. Some of you know that we view playing live as a necessary evil. I'd rather sit home alone but we have to do our part to help the label.
xMIKExFORxLIFEx

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 04:31 PM

hey todd! i saw on one of your old posts that you had some test press starkweather stuff for sale.would you still have some of it left? i'd hook you up greatly for it.i own a hell of alot of starkweather stuff and would certainly love to own more.any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks,xmikex.
TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-8-2005 at 05:06 PM

Mike, Big Duane gets first crack at all of my test pressings. I'm not even sure of everyhting I have. I may have some old shirts or something, though that I could send. I'm horribly unreliable, though. I have left the housea total of 3 times in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I made a cd of the new Starkweather guitar parts for Rennie and Harry weeks ago and didn't send it out until this past Friday. Shoot me an email (gzattf@hotmail.com) or one of those U2U things that are on this forum.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top