Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Back on the Map
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-28-2007 at 07:45 PM
Back on the Map

Been doing weight watchers..always thought it was incredibly gay and womantastic but it's actually a pretty good system.

Not going to any of their AA meetings or that nonsense but the online one makes you log what you've eaten so you tend to be more accountable and keep track of things. Kind of like weightloss via Catholic guilt.

Stopped drinking 15 shit beers and started drinking 2 or 3 good ones...hitting the gym on the regular.

Down 15 in about a month.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-29-2007 at 06:08 AM

wow, that's a strong start, congratulations.
everyone i know who has done ww has lost atl east some weight.
a few have really used it as a long-term foundation for how/what they eat and found tremendous success.
good luck!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 10-29-2007 at 11:27 AM

Great news!!! Jason, congrats. So great.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-25-2007 at 07:59 PM

-25 total....somehow even after this week of being off work and eating a lot of crap i still managed to lose a couple.
CR83

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 10:09 AM

Wonderful news Jason. Keep it going Bud.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 12:13 PM

Jesus man, did you cut off your leg or something? That's what I call results. Is this online thing free? I don't really need to lose weight, but I really need to improve my diet.

Oh, I can't give up beer, it was given to us by the great god Ea, it is to me as weed is to a Rasta. :rolleyes:

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 02:33 PM

Nope. Legs still there.

It's not free the first 3 months cost $60 all together then after that its 17 a month. I suppose after you get used to the ins and outs of the program or hit your goal weight you could just figure things out yourself...but that same rationale could make you lazy too I'd imagine. In the end $17 is probably worth keeping me on a healthy diet ...especially if you're like me and don't eat in volume but eat incredibly bad food.

It's kind of just retrained me, because you can eat anything you want on WW, but everything has a point value. So while I can eat an Italian Beef or slice of pizza, its point value is exponentially greater that all kinds of healthier shit I could keep filling up on all day long (some things almost limitlessly). It's a checks and balance way to keep track/monitor what you eat for lazy unorganized people.

and no...no giving up beer...in fact I've actually been drinking more beer since I've been on it....not sure how or why that happened...a 5% abv beer is 3 points and my wt/ht has me at 35 pts a day right now...so with a little planning it's easy to work in a couple beers with meals and stay WELL within my limits.
CR83

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Jesus man, did you cut off your leg or something? That's what I call results. Is this online thing free? I don't really need to lose weight, but I really need to improve my diet.

Oh, I can't give up beer, it was given to us by the great god Ea, it is to me as weed is to a Rasta. :rolleyes:

The diet stuff is the hardest to get. Some real easy things to are the following:

write down everything you consume in a day. You can use www.calorie-count.com to track and analyze your dayliy intake. It is free too.

Eat only non processed food. This includes all meats, fruit and vegetables. This excludes all cheeses and anything "in a bag".

Drink at least one gallon of water a day

Eat your carbs earlier in the day.

Above all, be disciplined and stick with it. There are no quick results. 1 to 2 pounds a week is a great tempo to be at.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 04:28 PM

Thanks bro.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-26-2007 at 05:56 PM

My problem is I KNOW thats the stuff I should be eating, but without an E-babysitter scolding me theres no way I have the drive to stick with it.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 01:02 PM

30...wasting away...yeah right.
CR83

[*] posted on 12-12-2007 at 11:07 AM

Fuck Yeah!
Furly
Posting Freak

Mood: Not your band.

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 03:48 PM

How are you doing from the holiday's? I know a few people that have done the WW thing and hear great things about it. I'm way too cheep and lazy to be skinny.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 02:30 PM

Holidays were rough but I maintained the pre Holiday weight... and have been back on track since then. down 38 total now.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 03:31 PM

damn, that/s impressive.
i tacked on about 10 pounds during the holidays.
already gave back about five, though.
i need a gym.
or a rowing machine.
when i actually exercise, the weight comes right off.
instead, i sit in front of a computer 12 hours a day.
whatever.
great job, jason.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 4-24-2008 at 09:21 AM

Still going, though quiet a bit slower and my gym habits have been shit as of late but from 255-260 I'm now at 206.
CR83

[*] posted on 4-24-2008 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Still going, though quiet a bit slower and my gym habits have been shit as of late but from 255-260 I'm now at 206.

Jason, seriously, this is incredible man. You are great. Keep it up!!!!!!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 4-24-2008 at 10:19 AM

god damn.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-23-2008 at 06:00 AM

Down 58 now @ 201.8....it's a bitch breaking 200, haha I'm a lazy shit. I'd be there if I could just get my ass to the gym....but the hell with it I'm drinking good beer, chillin and still losin weight at a healthy rate. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-21-2008 at 05:21 AM

After teetering between 199 and 201 for a while (I'm so lazy I've quit the gym all-together haha) I have now been under 200 for about 3 weeks, sitting pretty at 198.

I don't remember when I weighed that much, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been since sometime after HS. Feels good being down over 60 lbs.

I can't help but think that if I'd kept my regular gym routine I'd be about 180 by now...oh well.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-21-2008 at 05:49 AM

60 pound in under a year?
amazing.

which do you think helped more, the gym, or weight watchers? or equal?
are you still doing ww online?

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-21-2008 at 07:59 AM

Definitely the WW. The gym just helped speed things up. WW changed the way I eat and I think thats what the biggest part. Right now I'm at a comfortable 'points' amount where I can be bad once in a while and still lose, so if I go out to lunch I can get an Italian beef or slice of pizza once in a while or have a couple beers a day and it's not equaling a weight gain at the end of the week (still losing about .5 to 1.5 a week steady).

I'd like to lose a couple more, maybe get to 180 but if my point value goes down much further I'll really have to concentrate on what I eat big time and I'm really comfortable right now with the amount I'm allowed. I think if I could just hit the gym though and start a weight program instead of just cardio I'd be way more happy with the current weight. For some reason I've just been really unmotivated the past couple months.

Still doing WW online but I mostly just use it for the weight tracking now. Once you have the same amount of points for so long it's pretty routine...I haven't been actually tracking the points on there in a couple months which is probably bad because I'm sure I'm cheating a pinch here and there, but again...I'm still losing.
CR83

[*] posted on 7-21-2008 at 04:46 PM

Jason, this is incredible Man. Congrats to you. I hope you feel really proud of yourself. You are a true testament. Just plain awesome.

Keep going!
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 08:58 AM

Well not quite....but approaching the 75lb loss mark. Almost there. From 265 to 192....12 more pounds to go and I think I'll be happy...180 is manageable, after that its just a matter of hitting the gym regularly to turn the flab to fab.

Fuck I hate the gym.
CR83

[*] posted on 9-15-2008 at 04:53 PM

Jason, how tall are you?

I am just blown away at what an incredible feat you have accomplished. Just great.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top