Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: What's Ray Cappo been up to lately
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 02:51 PM

If the people Ray and other Kirshnas were "recruting" were weak, than by god I would rather have those weak fucks holding a damn Kirshna bead than a gun on my block.

(Mr BadVibes, no offense taken, we both see this topic differently).

TTF
Unregistered

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 03:02 PM

Big difference between being weak and a little kid. Grown men and women with no interset in the music don't belong at shows recruiting. It's not the fucking armed forces for god's sake. Their goal wasn't to listen to 108 or any other dipshit krishna band that was the rage at the time, it was to boost the membership. Now I know they do some nice things like feed the homeless and hungry in NYC but that has nothing to do with setting up shop in a place you don't belong and pushing your religion. Imagine the uproar at a show if some motherfucker set up a table and was trying to get people to join the fucking mormons. Cro Mags, Antidote=good, Every other Krishna band that ever existed=bad.
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 03:13 PM

TTF:

I will agree that setting up shop was out of line. Please dont mistake my age, I was around for Shelter, 108, Prema, ect.... It was fucked that they had a "recruting" session at shows. I think it was ok for pamphlets on the merch table but thats about it. I didnt even really care for the "preaching" on stage. So some of the things they did was a bit too much even for myself (and I try to be a patient guy). But I still stand by my defense of Ray Cappo. I think he (meaning himself and bands listed above) truly meant well, but maybe got carried away. Ray wrote a song on the Shelter release 'When 20 Summers Pass' called "I can't change history". The track is basicaly his reflection on the Kirshna movement, and some of the things that occured. Its a good song and it shows a man who can admit he could have done things differently (better?)......

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 03:24 PM

see, im a miserable friggin prick.
i hate religion and i hate people being "positive"
so thats 2 strikes against capo from the jump.
i dont want to hear about al that.
i wanna hear paul bearer trying to kill himself or john brannon not being able to take the pressure.

thank you,
luv,
mr bad vibes
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes

i wanna hear paul bearer trying to kill himself or john brannon not being able to take the pressure.

FUCK YEAH!!!

The first time I heard of 108 was when the NYHC documentary came out. I was laughing my balls off when they were interviewing the dude from that band. I wanted Crown Of Thornz and Madball to come onscreen and kick the shit out of that idiot right in the middle of their krishna house. I liked YOT and the first couple of Shelter albums but Cappo and Porcell take themselves way too seriously. They act like YOT was the greatest band to ever grace the hardcore scene. I'd be willing to bet good money that the vast majority of people who turned edge specifically because of YOT have since broken their edge.

On a side note, what ever became of John Brannon. I like NA but never knew much about them or what became of the members.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes

FUCK YEAH!!!

The first time I heard of 108 was when the NYHC documentary came out. I was laughing my balls off when they were interviewing the dude from that band. I wanted Crown Of Thornz and Madball to come onscreen and kick the shit out of that idiot right in the middle of their krishna house. I liked YOT and the first couple of Shelter albums but Cappo and Porcell take themselves way too seriously. They act like YOT was the greatest band to ever grace the hardcore scene. I'd be willing to bet good money that the vast majority of people who turned edge specifically because of YOT have since broken their edge.

On a side note, what ever became of John Brannon. I like NA but never knew much about them or what became of the members.

brannon went on to sing for a abnd called the laughing hyenas, who in my opinion, are one of the best band ever.
different then N.A. but just as if not more miserable.
kinda slow, droney sound. real dark. kinda like a slow the birthday party if you ever heard them, with brannon screaming misery over it.
the stuff rules.
a few years ago brannon started a new band called easy action which is one of the best bands going today if you ask me.
more of a rock vibe to them.
kind of a good combo between N.A. and the hyenas.
ive seen them play a bunch of times and they ruled.
their cd was out on reptillian records and i think they have a new thing coming out on there as well.
check it out.
if you're miserable and hate everything, you should love this shit even though its not really "hardcore"
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 01:35 PM

Most people that were edge from that era have broken. I dont think it was specific to YOT. Although Toby (H2O) got into hardcore and SXE due to YOT. He is still "nailed to the X"...

tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 04:22 PM

Just to add to the whole John Brannon thing, I love both Laughing Hyenas and Easy Action. If anybody's looking to check out Laughing Hyenas, I would recommend starting with Life Of Crime or Merry Go Round and advise you to stay away from their last record called Hard Times, it sounds way too polished for them and just lacks the feel of any of their other records, in my opinion. Basically I would say that's the only record of theirs that isn't fucking great. Again, they are very much NOT Hard Core, more of a dirty, bluesy, heartfelt and angry, raw Rock thing. As for Easy Action, that's much more Punk Rock 'N' Roll stuff and I believe has (or maybe had) a former Necros member in addition. Good stuff all around, both bands HIGHLY recommended................for those who can handle stuff that isn't just Hard Core.

Veritas odium parit
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 04:26 PM

i have actually grown to like "hard times"
there are some pretty good songs on there even though, like you said, its way too polished sounding.
the dude from the necros is in jail now i heard so he is not in easy action anymore.
the last time i saw them it was just john and the gutair player with 2 younger dudes backing them up.
still ruled and the new easy action stuff sounds more like the hyenas.
dannynsk

Mood: e town

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 09:21 PM

Theres nothing wrong with the Krishna thing, everyone is entitled to their beliefs. Religion is sacred to those who believe in it.

But Ray Cappo is still a douchebag. :D
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dannynsk
Theres nothing wrong with the Krishna thing, everyone is entitled to their beliefs. Religion is sacred to those who believe in it.

But Ray Cappo is still a douchebag. :D

my problem with the krishna thing is not the religion itself(even though i think its full of crap but i dont judge people on that sort of thing). my problem is that they tried to lure in impressionable kids with their bullshit.
also, hardcore or whatever you want to call it is no place for religion in my book, whatever kind of religion it may be.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 3-13-2005 at 01:09 AM

I dont know who this man is

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-13-2005 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RomanticViolence
I dont know who this man is

he's the knob who was in youth of today and then shelter and is largely responsible for bringing all that krishna shit into hardcore in the late 80s /early 90s, even though there were krishnas around before him, he made it really over run by brainwashing tons of kids.
he is a turd
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 12:26 AM

i've never heard better than a thousand. what's it like? i was into YOT, but couldn't stand shelter.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 12:27 AM
this one's nice...

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Duane

ya see what i mean?????
THIS IS NOT HARDCORE PEOPLE!!!!!!!
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 05:00 AM

I don't know the bunny looks evil as fuck...
look at those eyes

and it was my understanding the rabbits loved carrots but could not digest them properly and they can die from them,
anyone got any facts on it
MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 09:07 AM

For RomaticViolence and anyone not knowing who Ray Cappo is: (I'll try to be brief yet informative).

Ray Cappo in the mid eighties started Youth Of Today (SXE based outta CT). Started Revelation Records (Gorilla Biscuits, Judge, Warzone) in the late 80s. Early ninties he formed 'Shelter' a Krishna based hardcore band. He sold off Revelation Records and started another label by the name of Equal Vision (Bane, 108, Coheed and Cambria, ect). After EVR (Equal Vison Records) started to gain momentum he sold that label off, and started another label Supersoul Recordings (Vision Of Disorder, Rebirth of Hardcore 1999, YOT spoken word). While in Shelter he did a side project (two albums) called Better Than A Thousand. A couple more Shelter records, Some producing credits, and a healthy lifestyle later. You have our current discussion (and above pics)....

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by defstarsteve
and it was my understanding the rabbits loved carrots but could not digest them properly and they can die from them,
anyone got any facts on it

my wife had a rabbit growing up, and she said feeding it raw vegetables gave it the runs.

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 09:42 AM

my kids have a rabbit now.
we dont feed it carrots only rabbit food that looks the same as rabbit crap
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 3-14-2005 at 11:09 AM

yeah see...
I think it tears up their insides
see this guy's not cool like MrBadVibes said
trying to hurt the poor evil bunny