Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Dropkick Murphys
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 04:41 PM
New Dropkick Murphys

I was lookin back at previous discussions and saw this mentioned, whats it called? any good?
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 04:48 PM

It's called The Meanest Of Times and it's by far their best album in a long time. My favorite stuff will always be what they did with Mike singin' for them, but this one is pretty close. Very good from start to finish.

On a semi-related note, the Death & Taxes album is coming out soon and sounds fucking great. I just pre-ordered mine from Newbury Comics. For those who don't know, it's the new band from Jeff Morris from the Bruisers. He wrote a lot of their stuff and brought them around to that semi-Rockabilly sound they had towards the end. This band takes that a step further and is seriously some of the best shit I've heard in a while. Take that latter era Bruisers sound, throw in some Social Distortion, a touch of Tom Waits, and a heaping helping of the street level lyrical themes he's always written about and you've got Death & Taxes.

Veritas odium parit
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 05:14 PM

it si awsome.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 05:22 PM

new DKM is awesome

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 06:12 PM

I have only listened to it a few times. Nothing has grabbed me just yet. I'm back on it now.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 07:25 PM

I havent been a very huge fan of DKM in the past, but maybe Ill check out the new one based on the boards recomendation.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 07:34 PM

Their new live show is definitely a blast from beginning to end. It seems they've packed the set with more energy-filled songs. A lot of the new tracks are just so good.

I'd recommend seeing them now if you're close to any upcoming shows.

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
It's called The Meanest Of Times and it's by far their best album in a long time. My favorite stuff will always be what they did with Mike singin' for them, but this one is pretty close. Very good from start to finish.

On a semi-related note, the Death & Taxes album is coming out soon and sounds fucking great. I just pre-ordered mine from Newbury Comics. For those who don't know, it's the new band from Jeff Morris from the Bruisers. He wrote a lot of their stuff and brought them around to that semi-Rockabilly sound they had towards the end. This band takes that a step further and is seriously some of the best shit I've heard in a while. Take that latter era Bruisers sound, throw in some Social Distortion, a touch of Tom Waits, and a heaping helping of the street level lyrical themes he's always written about and you've got Death & Taxes.

Death & Taxes is amazing. I've been looking forward to the album for a while now. What's the release date?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint

Death & Taxes is amazing. I've been looking forward to the album for a while now. What's the release date?
December 11th is the new date. It's been pushed back a couple times already, but this is supposed to be the final date. They've been asking for people to pre-order it through the Newbury Comics website (www.newburycomics.com) as it is actually charted through there and gives them some kind of promotion or something when that happens. I ordered it and it's cheaper there even with shipping than most new CDs are in my local shop.

Veritas odium parit
brooklyn

Mood: HC & streetpunkrock

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 03:09 AM

new DKM is very good indeed

T.C.O.B.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 07:39 AM

the new DKM record is great.
I have to hear this death n taxws band.
is there a myspace up yet.?
chris

Mood: sixer - busted knuckles and heart breaks

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

http://www.myspace.com/deathntaxesband
Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo

If you're local we're playing with them this Saturday (first release show that they will actually have the cds at) and again in December.

http://www.thescars.net

http://www.myspace.com/scarsboston

New Scars Record coming March 4th \'08
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 04:22 PM

Well, If the Saint digs it, it must be worth checking out. I have heard of Death and Taxes, but haven't actually heard anything by them, sounds like it would be damn good though. Thanks
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-14-2007 at 07:32 AM

i digs it
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-14-2007 at 03:59 PM

The new DKM is good. Its what they do, you know? They never stumble.

Regarding Death & Taxes, I can't think of another band that really is delivering exactly what I want to hear at this stage of the game. I'm sort of tired of the old cliches at this point.... and there is nothing cliche about them at all. The band is awesome. The songs are great. And the words are as real as it gets. Listening to the record is like reading a great book.

Go To Top