Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New Sam Adams pint glass...
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 10:25 PM
New Sam Adams pint glass...

Tried posting about this on another bored. I should know better.

Anyone tried one of these yet?
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 10:36 PM

I saw pictures of it at an Applebees and thought it looked awesome. I dont drink, but its a cool looking glass!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 11:16 PM

No shit...like they use them at Applebees? Might have to make a trip there. I just want to try it out before I buy some, see if it's hype or not.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 11-12-2007 at 11:42 PM

Fuck Sam Adams. They are the most pretentious beer company and I wish I never have to see another commercial from them again. And their beer is greatly overrated. Yeah I fucking said it.

forsaken

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 02:39 AM

Hey while we're on the subject of beer .... being from Australia, beers like Millers Genuine Draft and Budweiser are considered premium imported beers here (even though Millers is bottled here) .... what are they considered in the US, are they like normal average joe drinks .... whats sort of people drink them? I love them both, and rate them higher than any Australian beer except Carlton Draught.
bombidol
Posting Freak

Mood: Wisdom In Chains

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 05:14 AM

Listen if you are an ozzie you HAVE to drink Fosters.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 06:24 AM

Those beers carry the rank of "urine" here.

Sic there are MANY beers better than Sam Adams...but there isn't a larger American brewery that makes better beer. I would rather have micro brews all day long but if I'm somewhere with slim pickings, you bet your ass I'm going for the Sammy.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
Fuck Sam Adams. They are the most pretentious beer company and I wish I never have to see another commercial from them again. And their beer is greatly overrated. Yeah I fucking said it.

i know
i know
in philly , most bars carry something way better.
shit the khyber has something lik e12 good beers on draft, none of which are miler lite
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 09:05 AM

Theres a long stretch between Sammy and Lite.

The thing is, Chicago is the same way. It's packed with breweries and high end bars. Shit, a month ago Johnny Vomit played a shithole bar with 24 drafts. But the average bar that you end up at for a show or after work with the boys is going to have a shit selection...things are improving with the explosion in American microbrewing...but for the most part you're getting Bud and Miller products with maybe one "import" i.e. somthing not Miller or Bud.

If SA is the best option I'm going for that every time, that doesn't mean its the best beer, but its "hyped" because it's excellent beer for a major American brewery. That being said, I don't see it as being overhyped much at all.

...because they can now finally afford a decent advertising budget?

...because a lot of people in "mainstream" beer culture are recognizing quality and beer can actually go together

Sure there's better but while jeep brah is stranded on an island with a case of miller chill, I hope someone floats me a case of cherry wheat and one of those glasses.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 09:11 AM

I'd actually prefer to never drink bottled/canned beer at all. If I could find a way to run a pipeline from the local Rock Bottom to my condo I'd be in business. Unfortunately that's not happening.

Regardless, pretentious or not...they're applying all the technological advances of modern man into building a better beer glass. Not many people use their power for good instead of evil.
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 02:48 PM

SAM ADAMS is one of the greatest beer companys around. They make great beer.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 03:28 PM

Quote:

Regardless, pretentious or not...they're applying all the technological advances of modern man into building a better beer glass. Not many people use their power for good instead of evil.

Agreed.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 03:52 PM

I'll grab for a Yuengling at a bar before I dare think about Sammie, and it's cheaper. Plus most bars in Philly have Pabst Blue Ribbon, which is cheaper anyway, or a Yards or Victory Hops Devil.

And Sam Adams commercials still want me to hit myself over the head with a bottle. Yeah motherfucker keep burying your face in those hops.

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by forsaken
Hey while we're on the subject of beer .... being from Australia, beers like Millers Genuine Draft and Budweiser are considered premium imported beers here (even though Millers is bottled here) .... what are they considered in the US, are they like normal average joe drinks .... whats sort of people drink them? I love them both, and rate them higher than any Australian beer except Carlton Draught.

In the States, those are definitely considered the domestics, with not much appeal to serious beer drinkers, I am a big Bud guy though and will always be a Buid drinker. I will fuck with the high end shit here and there, but I am not much of a beer snob. Budweiser is tried and true, it never lets me down.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
I'll grab for a Yuengling at a bar before I dare think about Sammie, and it's cheaper. Plus most bars in Philly have Pabst Blue Ribbon, which is cheaper anyway, or a Yards or Victory Hops Devil.

And Sam Adams commercials still want me to hit myself over the head with a bottle. Yeah motherfucker keep burying your face in those hops.

Cheap beers is a whole different game.

If I couldn't afford good beer, I'd stay home with a 30 of PBR or Coors. Fuck going out and paying anything more than a $1 for somthing that comes in 9.99 30 packs. Ambiance don't get the job done....and I don;t think I'm finding $1 anything in too many places.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 04:17 PM

I have to laugh at how this thread derailed from being about a glass to beer debates, the reason I retreated it from the 9er.

Coincidence?
Siczine.com
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 05:13 PM

haha but yeah upon further inspection, that glass is indeed pretty sweet. I would love to drink a Guinness out of that thing

MyOwnWay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 05:29 PM

Great glass.

Sam Adams makes shitty beers, and some great ones.

Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 05:46 PM

I used one at applebeez acouple weeks ago. I didnt notice a difference in the taste of my beer......

*edit* It was guinness I was drinking.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 06:34 PM

Sam Adams tastes like shit. It's the American version of Labbatt Blue. Popular beer that tastes like monkey piss.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Sam Adams tastes like shit. It's the American version of Labbatt Blue. Popular beer that tastes like monkey piss.

^^^^^^ wrong and even more wrong.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
Quote:

^^^^^^ wrong and even more wrong.

Sorry man, but overall I prefer European beers as they're stronger and have a richer flavour. While I do like a few North American (mostly Canadian) beers, I think most are weak and watery. I tried two different Sam Adams beers and thought they were about as pleasant as getting punched in the balls.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
Great glass.

Sam Adams makes shitty beers, and some great ones.

i want to go to applebees just to steal one.
i have a great collection of stolen glasses.....picture coming soon...
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-13-2007 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Theres a long stretch between Sammy and Lite.

The thing is, Chicago is the same way. It's packed with breweries and high end bars. Shit, a month ago Johnny Vomit played a shithole bar with 24 drafts. But the average bar that you end up at for a show or after work with the boys is going to have a shit selection...things are improving with the explosion in American microbrewing...but for the most part you're getting Bud and Miller products with maybe one "import" i.e. somthing not Miller or Bud.

If SA is the best option I'm going for that every time, that doesn't mean its the best beer, but its "hyped" because it's excellent beer for a major American brewery. That being said, I don't see it as being overhyped much at all.

...because they can now finally afford a decent advertising budget?

...because a lot of people in "mainstream" beer culture are recognizing quality and beer can actually go together

Sure there's better but while jeep brah is stranded on an island with a case of miller chill, I hope someone floats me a case of cherry wheat and one of those glasses.

no doubt dude.
what i was meaning was more or less what you said later on.
all the bars remotely close to my apartment have a crap selection of draft beer.
ususally miller lite, bud light, lager, bud and maybe labats.
the irish pubs have the harps, guinness and smithwicks, but ive grown tired of them too.
luckily, i was privliged enough to have a close friend who, over the years has worked in several great bars in Philly that specialize in belgian and other great brews.

on a side note, years ago, sammy had this beer in blue corked bottles that was super expensive. one of the guys i hung with worked at a beer store and stole us some one night. at the age of 19 i hated it but bet id dig it now.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-14-2007 at 06:35 AM

Quote:

This is like saying Old Style is the American version of Guinness...absolutely senseless.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top