Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: FUCK YOU DISCOVER CARD!!!!!!!!!!!
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 02:23 PM
FUCK YOU DISCOVER CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

These fucking crooks raised my fucking interest rate through the fucking roof. I was 8.99% and today I open my bill and its fucking 17.24%

I have been a loyal costumer since 1995. WITH NO PROBLEMS. I called the first fucking douchbag would do nothing at all. TOTAL FUCKING DICK. I called back and got a guy to lower my interest to 10.99% WHAT THE FUCK? AND THAT WAS THE BEST HE SUPPOSEDLY COULD DO!

I saw a tv show last week about this very subject and thought. That would suck if they did it to me AND THEY FUCKING DID! Discover card and BANK OF AMERICA both testified and defended there actions of this same shady operation. They said it was done on a formula that rated a person as high risk.

high balance ratio to available credit
late payments
and other newly opened credit accounts
late payment on ANYTHING concerning credit. Ie other cards or bills.

Are all factors. I met only 1. I opened a Circuit City account to buy my computer. I PAID THAT FUCKING THING OFF AFTER 3 WEEKS. It has a 0 balance. I asked this douchbag what was my reason and all he could say was "you have been a very loyal customer and we appreciate it". THIS IS HOW YOU SHOW APPRECIATION BY STEALING WHAT LITTLE MONEY I HAVE THIS SHOULD BE FUCKING ILLEGAL. I would have never opened and account EVER with the idea that the interest rate would change for no reason like this.

It's like placing a order at Taco Bell for $3.99 and then when you get to the drive up window they say its now $11.00. FOR THE SAME FUCKING ORDER.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 02:31 PM

Drop em. Go with a new card, maybe you won't get a better rate than 10.99%, but it's about piece of mind, it might force them to reconsider as well.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 02:34 PM

It's not that easy. I have a huge rediculous limit, but half of it is used and is the balance. If another card were to offer something I'd be all over it, but it would be hard to beleive another card would come about and offer a amount I would need to pay it off right away.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 04:48 PM

Bank of america just did the same thing to me...

the big banks are losing their asses on the mortgage end of things and are fucking everyone because of it...

expect it to get a lot worse before it gets better...
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 06:11 PM

Credit Cards are the devil.

The devil can be expected to be underhanded.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 06:13 PM

This has been on all the morning news shows, one chick on NBC Today show said call them up and tell them you will cancel your card if you don't get your original rate back. Threatening them goes a long way since they don't want to lose your business.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 08:45 PM

Threatening works great. I used to call my old phone/cable company all because they consistently raised the rates and threatened to switch to satellite. They gave me a free month, or atleast a credit on the next bill every time.
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 09:17 PM

I constantly pit the banks against each other for my business.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
It's not that easy. I have a huge rediculous limit, but half of it is used and is the balance. If another card were to offer something I'd be all over it, but it would be hard to beleive another card would come about and offer a amount I would need to pay it off right away.

Just watch for deals and do a balance transfer when you can!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-9-2007 at 10:14 AM

fuck credit cards
im in the hole a bit right now with them
did a balance transfer and am trying to pay stuff off.
discover are bastards is all im sayin
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-9-2007 at 03:55 PM

Haven't used a credit card in years, still in the hole from when I did have them.

They are evil evil evil.

moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 06:50 PM

Bank of America did the same thing to me and the Mrs. She closed her account with them and I paid mine off and will never use the account again. I dont want to close the account because of the whole balance to available ratio. Im still trying to pay off some debt from college and when the Mrs. was in school and I was the only one working.
already710

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 08:46 PM

That's what I'm searching for. Thanks so much for the information:singing:
simulation credit
hardtone

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 11:28 PM

Fuck them, I dropped thoses bastards for the same shit...

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 11:58 PM

BOA screwed me out of 350 bucks when I was "over-limit" because a check didn't clear. I did my daily routine over the weekend, gas, coffee, breakfast, lunch dinner, etc. In total I spent something ridiculously small for a weekend (80 bucks for two people and gas) but because the check didn't yet clear they charged my 35 bucks for every little transaction. I thought I had the money, they disagreed. I am dropping them asap. If there is no money ummmm decline the payment. Oh that's right, they need to squeeze everyone.

I didn't know about the "new credit" bumping costs, good to know, we are buying a bed this weekend and were going to do a "no interest" for 36 month" thing. Guess not now, I don't want to risk my gf's credit cards increasing % rates.

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 01:23 AM

I've had a BOA card for about three years, but I only ever used it when they had one of those 0% for 12 months deals. I'd write myself a check for like $8k, put it in a savings account online that earned 5%, then make the minimum payments for 11 months. 12th month, I'd pull the balance of the principle owed from the online savings account and pay off the credit card bill before the introductory rate expired. Easy way to make a few hundred bucks and look like a responsible user of credit in the process.

Did that twice. Guess that's why they recently cut my credit limit in half! Hahaha!

Chase is my primary, day to day card. Got my first card with them in '96. Moved to a Continental Airlines Chase card in '99. It has a fee, but it's worth it. We've saved thousands on plane tickets. Anyway, Chase just bumped my credit by an additional $10k AND lowered my rate. (Of course, we pay off entirely every month, so they don't make anything on interest.) I know who loves me!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 06:24 AM

Did anyone else notice the over 2 year old thread got bumped probably by a spambot? lol

But on the topic, the Bank of Australia released figured today showing banks made 10% of their earnings on fees from users, 2% of that or $11bn (yes 2% is 11 billion worth of their profit...) is from late payments and overdraft surcharges. The good old take out $10 too much and get slugged with a $30 fee for it.

The whole financial system pisses me off, even my credit union brought in a $2/month fee for my Visa a year ago outta nowhere, now its going up to $10/month if I can read this fee schedule right. I refuse to pay a monthly fee to use a credit card so if its true, I'm dumping it and trying to find a new one.

And the banks. Fuck I seriously just want to firebomb 80% of the world these days. :grind:

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
Dave
Posting Freak

Mood: .......

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 07:14 AM

what the hell is a discover card......

ShawnRefuse
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Did anyone else notice the over 2 year old thread got bumped probably by a spambot? lol

what's worse, the topic is more timely now then ever. hahahah

Good punk/HC/oi shows coming up. Check out http://myspace.com/refuseresistband
moron
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-23-2009 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
what the hell is a discover card......

It's just a credit card like VISA, Mastercard or American Express. I guess that means you can't get them up in Canada?
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 5-23-2009 at 12:43 PM

it is funny that this was brought up, considering the bill that was passed into law regarding credit cards yesterday.

katherine04

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 10:56 AM

that's great news! i hope they hurry up and make it a law already..:wink1:

simulation rachat de credit
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-1-2009 at 02:15 PM

UN-FUCKING REAL. They changed my payment due date without reason. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!! I called and they did change it back to what it has been for 15 freaking years but what the fuck is going on? That is some bullshit. I has not aware of it being changed and if I didn't have the history of payments and didn't call I would have been late without any idea. That is evil.

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2009 at 02:50 PM

i called BOA over the weekend to complain about the credit reduction.
they asked a bunch of questions about income, then bumped it back up to where it was.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-1-2009 at 04:27 PM

I am dropping my credit union, they added $2 monthly fee to my Visa and are raising the fees on that & banking.

I've joined Bank of Queensland and once I finish this contract job everything will go there. It's $4/month banking fees if you have under $2,000 balance. If you have a higher balance, they actually give you $2, plus the usual ripped off 0.01% interest rate. But getting back $2 every month you have more than $2k is a pretty sweet deal. And the credit card I am applying for with them as well has 0 monthly fees.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top