Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Blood For Blood?
Irish-Nuts

Mood: Always pissed.

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 06:12 AM
Blood For Blood?

So what happened to BFB, Ramallah etc.?
i haven't even seen any mentions on the board in ages.
i know rob had a problem with junk and i know that most people that do tend to keep it until they put them in the ground, so i'm assuming it's nothing good?
i hope not but wish in one hand and shit in the other, right?

Didn\'t i tell you not to get up?

http://www.myspace.com/pathologicore
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 07:18 AM

I had read on here he's doing much better as of recently.
I think the man's music is probably the only hardcoreish stuff that really spoke to me in years. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he does some new material soon.
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 08:54 AM

I REALLY Hope that we see something new from Rob soon. I dont even care what band it is or even something new. I just think hes a great song writer and I want more!!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irish-Nuts
i know rob had a problem with junk and i know that most people that do tend to keep it until they put them in the ground, so i'm assuming it's nothing good?

Mark has come on here from time to time to make comments about this, mostly because of rumors getting out of hand. As of Mark's last update, Rob had been clean and sober for several months.

I'm guessing at this point that sobriety is more important to Rob than making music for douchebags who have no concern for his well-being. And let's be honest, most of the people buying his music are douchebags who don't care if struggling with addiction, depression, or whatever else might be going on in his life as long as they get a new album every once in a while (and that's not my way of implying he suffers from clinical depression).

That said, I want to hear something new from Rob. But I'll be much happier just hearing that they guy has taken the time to get his life straightened out, even if he never records anything ever again.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irish-Nuts

Irish-Nuts- that is a crazy picture in your avatar. Pretty cool man and welcome to the board.
Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 01:34 PM

He is clean and sober and living well right now despite what the internet rumors have been. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since Thanksgiving but I'll see him again in a few weeks. He really only keeps in touch with me, our brother Patrick and Jimmy Knuckles.

I lent Rob one of my acoustic guitars in June and he has informed me that he has written around 30 -40 songs. He has some tentative plans but nothing I can disclose on his behalf. I would expect to see him comeback completely on his own if/when he chooses to come back. Let's face it..... he doesn't need a band. The party is over for the people that have come along for the ride - and I say this as a guy who was in one of his bands once. But I know for sure he isn't done with you guys that buy his records. At the very least he is thinking about you all.

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 01:44 PM

Personally I'd like to represent him as a manager and send him out on the road to play a 'best of' set. Imagine this type of set list:

The Horror and the Gag
City Boy
Never Too Young to Die
Oscar Cotton
So Common So Cheap
Living in Exile
The Sky Is Falling
Dead So Soon
Bye Bye Baby
Fall to Rise (or whatever that song is called)
etc

I picture him doing a Lars Fredericksen type of thing on the road. Unfortunately he doesn't want me representing him. haha

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
He is clean and sober and living well right now despite what the internet rumors have been. I haven't seen him or spoken to him since Thanksgiving but I'll see him again in a few weeks. He really only keeps in touch with me, our brother Patrick and Jimmy Knuckles.

I lent Rob one of my acoustic guitars in June and he has informed me that he has written around 30 -40 songs. He has some tentative plans but nothing I can disclose on his behalf. I would expect to see him comeback completely on his own if/when he chooses to come back. Let's face it..... he doesn't need a band. The party is over for the people that have come along for the ride - and I say this as a guy who was in one of his bands once. But I know for sure he isn't done with you guys that buy his records. At the very least he is thinking about you all.

This is awesome to hear. Maybe oneday we can add Rob to our group of old bitter ex-hardcore kids.

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Mark Lind
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 01:51 PM

Oddly enough he isn't very bitter. I find him to be pretty balanced of a person. Let me explain:

I saw all of the internet drama and nonsense that some of his sissy ex-bandmates were pulling on him and it made me furious. When it eventually came up in conversation he was all zen like "this is the life they choose to lead. It doesn't bother me" and stuff like that.

I thought he was supposed to be the angry one and he just didn't care. He has turned into some sort of Christ-like character.... like turn the other cheek type of stuff.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Lind
Oddly enough he isn't very bitter. I find him to be pretty balanced of a person. Let me explain:

I saw all of the internet drama and nonsense that some of his sissy ex-bandmates were pulling on him and it made me furious. When it eventually came up in conversation he was all zen like "this is the life they choose to lead. It doesn't bother me" and stuff like that.

I thought he was supposed to be the angry one and he just didn't care. He has turned into some sort of Christ-like character.... like turn the other cheek type of stuff.

Thats another good thing to hear and Im glad hes doing well. The 3 weeks that I spent with him on tour was lots of fun. He kept to himself more than any of the other guys, but the times I did get to talk to him were definitly enjoyable.

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 04:00 PM

This is all good news. As long as he Stays away from James and RINGWORM. that dude is crazy bad news.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
This is all good news. As long as he Stays away from James and RINGWORM. that dude is crazy bad news.

???

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 12-13-2007 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore

???

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Irish-Nuts

Mood: Always pissed.

[*] posted on 12-14-2007 at 09:56 AM

Great to hear that the man is clean. So few ever get straightened out. Regardless of when or if he comes back to music i'm just glad to know that someone that has been such an important part of my life for so many reasons is doing well.

To the guy that welcomed me to the board. Thanks. The avatar pic was from a particularly nasty show and i didn't know how deep i'd cut myself.

Didn\'t i tell you not to get up?

http://www.myspace.com/pathologicore

Go To Top