Author: Subject: East Coast Oi Fest 2008
Craig Downtown

Mood: Rodent Emporium / Iron Maiden

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason the Magnificent
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Downtown
There is no one closer to Hodges...than Hodges himself...Ask HIM! " I heard" is simply goofiness...

Sounds like you're bullshitting to not hurt ticket sales. If you have so much inside info don't hold back.

Ticket sales are not hurt, my friend.
Barnesey

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
that shit happened because it wasn't run properly #1...Secondly,, I'm seriously not interested in debating this with you. I have messaged the 4-skins and sent them the link to this thread....which is more than I've seen you do. No interest here in debating things. Someone will reply here soon enough.....peace. Craig

What is there to debate about a band's lineup? YOU ARE THE PROMOTER AND YOU CANNOT TELL US WHO THE FUCK IS PLAYING. Nothing to argue here.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:18 PM

MESSAGE DIRECTLY FROM THE 4-SKINS CAMP (MANAGEMENT):

I can tell you that Garys backing band are the best of the best and second to none.I can also tell you that the rehersals have been going very well.
The reason at the moment there will be no photos or clues is because there are alot of jelious people out there that would like to wreck it all and some people will never forget or,forgive what happened at Southall even though The 4 Skins,The Last Resort and,The Business were,are and always will be NOT GUILTY.
It is true that the London gig has been blocked every step of the way by the Authorities but some are forging ahead and there WILL be a London gig that is 100%.
Please be patient with us.

You will know when we are ready to tell you.
Barnesey

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
MESSAGE DIRECTLY FROM THE 4-SKINS CAMP (MANAGEMENT):

I can tell you that Garys backing band are the best of the best and second to none.I can also tell you that the rehersals have been going very well.
The reason at the moment there will be no photos or clues is because there are alot of jelious people out there that would like to wreck it all and some people will never forget or,forgive what happened at Southall even though The 4 Skins,The Last Resort and,The Business were,are and always will be NOT GUILTY.
It is true that the London gig has been blocked every step of the way by the Authorities but some are forging ahead and there WILL be a London gig that is 100%.
Please be patient with us.

You will know when we are ready to tell you.

Hahahahah. Who the hell in the United States would be looking to wreck this gig? How delusional are you?

BTW Craig, I'm not trying to wreck your gig or get people not to go but I think that you should be up front with people as they are paying serious cash to travel to come see this. Alot of people are under the impression that this is an original 4 Skins lineup which it is not.

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:21 PM

Here's dillusional for you..

NO. it is NOT the entire original lne-up.....NOR have I tried to decieve anyone into thinking that it is. Gary Hodges is the founding member of the band... This my first time on these here boards, so you have missed alot of info that I have already passed out. In fact, there are MANY boards that I have been watching closely and stearing folks into the right direction with info. Moreso than I really have time for.

Atually, who on God's earth would want to see anyone BUT the original singer of the 4-skins anyway??! Especially when this is the ONE and ONLY time they will EVER play the States again! Some folks (or should I say..MOST folks) have NEVER...seen the 4-skins at all....To MOST, it wouldn't matter if it were Roi OR Panther.....In MOST folks eyes....Those guys don't matter in the 4-skin realm. that's like Sammy to Dave...It just makes no sense.

I'm really done with this. If you want straight answers, go to the source.

Best of everything to you....Craig
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:38 PM

Boy...it was really hard to figure out something underhanded was going on haha. I didn;t even need my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring.
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:39 PM

why is everyone so worked up about all this?
hodges is good enough in my opinion
but that's just me

you come at the king....you best not miss
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Boy...it was really hard to figure out something underhanded was going on haha. I didn;t even need my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring.

Say what?!?!
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:40 PM

Quote:

Atually, who on God's earth would want to see anyone BUT the original singer of the 4-skins anyway??!

who? 75% of the people going to your show that have no fucking idea who Hodges is and never heard that early shit.
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
hodges is good enough in my opinion
but that's just me

Excellent point. Also, ya gotta realize that this ain't JUST a 4-Skins show....We have the ORIGINAL OXBLOOD playing the show....YES, Barnesby....WITH FRANK singing. Among MANY others.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:42 PM

Hodges is fine...it's just humorous that it's such a secret the promoter was telling people to myspace message people as opposed to just being forthright and promoting the show.

I personally think most of the 4-Skins suck anyway, I'd rather see Best Defense, Stormwatch and Ikazuchi as a triple headliner with the Headache bands as openers..
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:42 PM

I think I'll let someone else respond to that.

thank you for your imput, jason. You are really not thinking staright. cheers
gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 04:46 PM

look youz
i dont know craig at all
we are on each others myspace somehow but other than that, i dont know the man
but i will say this

it takes huge balls to put on a show like this
esp. in PA
the potential for "issues" at something like this is huge and craig and his people seem to T.C.B. pretty well

now that said, i being a HUGE 4 skins fan couldnt care less who is backing hodges up
just seeing him sing thoses songs is well worth whatever the price(which for all the bands and a 2 days of shit is pretty gpd damn cheap)

anyway, yeah........
carry on youz

you come at the king....you best not miss
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes

I'd pay to see Hodges rip out "Evil". I was getting excited about the prospect of the original line-up, Mick Geggus woulda' been good too, I love that Terrible Twins "Generation of Scars" tune on Oi! The Album, but at the end of the day it is Gary Hodges, and this likely won't happen again. As for the drama....ITS A FUCKING SKINHEAD SHOW, PEOPLE!

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Milky Of IndEx

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 07:25 PM

First of all lets stop all the shit stiring and bullshit!!!

I've Just been asked to come on here and answer questions regarding the 4 Skins!!

For those of you who do not know me, I'm milky (Steve R) of the 80's Oi! Band Indecent Exposure and if anyone doubts me then please send a message to:
http://www.myspace.com/indecentexposuretheoiband or http://www.myspace.com/the4skins and it will be confirmed that this is all being done by the right people!!!

I can assure everyone of a few points, firstly this is going to be the best Oi! gig for 26 years in america with some top UK and Usa bands playing and alot of time and effort has gone into organising it!!, Secondly i don't give a fuck who you or your mates know and the shit their telling you as I AM organising everything on behalf of Gary H's 4 skins and i'm in daily contact and meeting with Gary so i know EVERYTHING thats going on. AND THATS FACT.

The reason why nothing is being released is because theres alot of shit going on in the UK with authorities etc etc, it seems even now they're trying to stop the 4 skins playing in the UK after all these years because of things that happened 27 years ago and so protecting their identities is paramount in making sure that the trip across the pond goes as smoothly as possible with regards to getting into the USA!!!

What i can tell you is that all the musicians that are backing Gary's 4 Skins are from the early 80's Oi! scene and i've been at the rehearsals and it's all going to sound fucking excellent plus they were also involved with the 4 skins back in the day and thats all i can say!!

Now if thats not enough then don't come but it will be your loss and any questions should be relayed over to the 4 skins site!!

Hope that clears things up for you and we hope to see you all come out and support your scene as that is the only way to keep it all alive!!

Oi! Oi! Oi!
Milky C/o IndEx & The 4 Skins
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
As for the drama....ITS A FUCKING SKINHEAD SHOW, PEOPLE!

That pretty much sums it up, right there!

Unless I'm mistaken (which is probably the case), this 4skins line-up thing was only brought up because Barnesey said he didn't think it would be worth it to travel out to PA from the west coast for the show. And while Craig put on a good show last year and kept things running tight, it does seem a bit sketchy when the promoter refuses to name the members of the main band that he's using to sell tickets.

All that being said, I was at the last oi fest Craig put on. I had a good time. My biggest complaint is with the scheduling of bands and the fact that there were two stages... I still can't figure out why the hell Haggis came over from Norway to play at 3 in the afternoon when they should've been one of the main acts.

As for the show... there will be security. There will be nazis. There might even be an unadvertised band that occasionally plays white power shows in places like PA (but I left right before Empire Falls played last year, so I can't tell you how that went over). And when I was leaving on Sunday, I think I saw ever cop from Allentown and a few neighboring cities parked across the street from the venue.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Milky Of IndEx
and so protecting their identities is paramount in making sure that the trip across the pond goes as smoothly as possible with regards to getting into the USA!!!

If this really is the reason for not mentioning the line-up, then I really do expect this to turn out exactly like the "Last Resort" performance at the Beer Olympics a few years back... Everyone but the singer (the only guy who was ever in the band before) makes it into the country, and then we get to see skinhead karaoke at it's finest.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 08:12 PM

While I want to see the 4 Skins, it doesn't seem right without Hoxton Tom. I'm cool with Hodges on vocals, and I'd pay to see it, but it just doesn't seem legit without Tom.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Milky Of IndEx

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 08:54 PM

Quote:

Everyone but the singer (the only guy who was ever in the band before) makes it into the country, and then we get to see skinhead karaoke at it's finest.

It is exactly like the above quote that is why we are taking these measures and we feel is the correct approach, we are doing everything to make sure this show goes with no problems, Listen, if you don't like the way it's promoted then i suggest stop fucking moaning and don't come!! simple!!

As regards to Tom Hoxton, i sat on the phone and talked in great length to convince him to do it but tom is now in a very well paid civil service job and just simply cannot get involved but has given it his full blessing knowing the partys involved and has wished the Tour "all the best", even callum, toms son has been posting on skinheads.net to help promote it so if it's good enough for them then none of you's should have a fucking problem eh and if so just don't come and support your USA scene!!

The Usa is getting what only the UK can dream of!!! An Oi! Festival making history!!

Shame on you for not supporting it!!!

Milky
C/o IndEx & The 4 Skins
Milky Of IndEx

[*] posted on 1-9-2008 at 09:18 PM

Also, forgot to mention that the whole band have already been over a few weeks back and if you go to the promotors site then you'll see the interview with Gary H in Allentown dec 07.

What we have done is purely for precaution only!!

Regards
Milky
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 12:07 AM

All the best...and cheers to all....Craig
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 06:34 AM

The true scene is reunion bands?
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 10:56 AM

oooh deleted posts haha, the plot thickens.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
oooh deleted posts haha, the plot thickens.

:smilegrin:

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 12:44 PM

30 years later and the mere mention of their name still ignites controversy. I might head down for this, I'm seriously considering it. Is Memorial Day a holiday, cuz I'd have to drive back on the Monday, and I don't want to drive back if every asshole in the country is headin' to the cottage, I'd be lookin' at 15 hours on the road. 4 ways=3.75 hours of driving a piece. 2 days off work if we left on Friday and drove back Sunday. Is the lineup, as in who's playing where at what time been beaten out yet? Cuz if Indecent Exposure and The 4-Skins were both playing on Saturday night, I could totally do this. 2 bands I've been into since I was 13, I'd really like to go to this.
Dave/Brian/Lionel down for a roadtrip? We could probably fill two cars if we planned this.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
 Pages:  1  2  3

Go To Top