Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: East Coast Oi Fest 2008
newbreedbrian
Posting Freak

Mood: doc watson

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 01:04 PM

honestly, i'd fucking love to but i'm on work term then

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ?You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I?m just not close enough to get the job done.? George Carlin
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by upyerbum
Is Memorial Day a holiday, cuz I'd have to drive back on the Monday, and I don't want to drive back if every asshole in the country is headin' to the cottage, I'd be lookin' at 15 hours on the road.

Yeah, it's a holiday. If you're careful with the route, it might not be too bad. But don't do something like try to drive through Boston and NYC... you'll never make it to the show.

Oops, just looked this up on google maps... you'd be taking I-295 and I-95 the entire way... fuck that. But it looks like you could take 95 to New Hampshire and switch over to some other interstates (91, 87, 84). That route might be doable... maybe some of the guys here from the northeast can offer some advice.

Quote:
Is the lineup, as in who's playing where at what time been beaten out yet? Cuz if Indecent Exposure and The 4-Skins were both playing on Saturday night, I could totally do this.

I haven't seen the schedule posted. Last year, it was 3 days (Fri-Sun). I think Friday night had some bigger names (I think Far From Finished might have headlined, but I might just be making that up). Saturday night had the headliners. Sunday was mostly the regional bands... probably because most people leave early on Sunday night.

So, my guess would be Indecent Exposure and 4 Skins on Saturday night... but maybe Craig could clarify if he's still reading.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Craig Downtown

Mood: Rodent Emporium / Iron Maiden

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 03:05 PM

Here is the full list of the Bands Playing at the
East Coast Oi! Fest 2008.......thanks for waiting so patiently!!!!

SATURDAY MAY 24

The 4-Skins
Oxblood
Wretched Ones
Beerzone
Flatfoot 56
The Boils
Marching Orders
Antagonizers
Hub City Stompers
Maddog Surrender
Crucial Change
East End Badoes
Charm City Saints
Offensive Weapon
Run Like Hell
The Traditionals
Smash Points
Guns On The Run
The Trademen
Razorblade Handgrenade

SUNDAY MAY 25

Patriot
Stormwatch
U.S. CHAOS
Indecent Exposure
Broken Heroes
Turnpike Wrecks
Black Mariahs
Dead Heroes
Band Of Felons
S.S.S.P.
The Project
Tough Luck Ambergris
Strong Arm and the Bullies
A.P.A.
Fear City
Old Glory
Code 1
LABOR FORCE

Get your tickets at www.DowntownSoundProductions.Net
OR
on my myspace......
random
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 03:12 PM

Craig,

Are you doing two stages again this year, or are you trying to keep it to one stage and short sets (15-20 minutes) for openers? Seems like you'd have to do two stages with this many bands.

Not that my opinion matters much, but... if you're doing two stages, could you make make it one stage for the headliners? It would suck pretty bad to have 4 Skins and, say, Oxblood or Wretched Ones playing sets at the same time on different stages. Two stages is fine for smaller bands, but sucks with the bigger ones. But I do appreciate that you give a lot of smaller bands the chance to play at the fests and get some exposure.

Please read and, if you can, help out a friend: http://www.gofundme.com/jacobmedical.
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 03:16 PM

thanks for your concern....

We initially wanted to just do one stage...but it blew up once again, and I couldn't say NO to alot fo bands that wanted to play.

The second stage will shut down at 8Pm both nights so that everyone can see what's going on ..on the main stage...

The sets will overlap by 10 or 15 minutes on each stage....leaving a bit of time to cath at least SOME of the bands that will be on opposite stages.

Doors are at 2pm each day.....
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 03:49 PM

Nice to see S.S.S.P. added to the lineup. I wish I wasn't so fucking broke. It would an awesome show to travel to.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-10-2008 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newbreedbrian
honestly, i'd fucking love to but i'm on work term then

No sweat, this is gonna' be hard to swing but fuck it, I drove 12 hours for The Business. Johnny, I knew I was forgetting someone, you down?

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Barnesey

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 09:59 AM
Here's the reply I got from Hodges

Here's the reply I got about the lineup:

Wait and see!!!

GH
C/o 4 Skins

Live Fast Die Young
Push It To The Limit \'Til The Coffin Calls
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-11-2008 at 10:08 AM

Barnesey,

Gary is a No Bullshit kind of guy. You may have picked up on that by now...There are MANY surpises to come with the fest....Whatever it is that we are doing, we really don't want OR need to get that out there.....The line-ups are posted...and that's what we are going to release..
Those who are going ...are going to experience something that has NEVER been done in the US...He is the sole spokesman for the band at the moment (with the exception of his manager) and if he don't let it out....nobody is going to.

We WILL tell you this....The 4-Skins will be recording an EXCLUSIVE LIVE CD at the fest.......that will be readily available the VERY NEXT DAY at the fest.(Thanks to the miracle of modern technology) This is historical. If you wanna be a part of it, you may want to go. If not, the place is gonna be packed like sardines anyway.

When I get back from Berlin, I will lay on you a COMPLETE report of how that show went. But I WILL tell you this....You miss it...and you will not ever get the chance again.
All the best to you. Craig
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 12:56 PM

Is the CD going to available after the festival or is this strictly a festival thing?

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
Craig Downtown

[*] posted on 1-14-2008 at 02:05 PM

Not sure at this point..I would imagine that it would be. Yes. Probably a "limited editon" type at the fest....
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top