Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Many things have effected the introduction to newer hardcore bands to myself.
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 1-16-2008 at 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mattybar
i checked out Think I Care cos i read them being compared to Sheer Terror.
They're ok, remind me a lot of a uk band called Walk The Plank.
Wasn't into the vocals much though. I don't like that kinda strained vocal style, i prefer a really deep shouted style.

there's very little keeping me interested in hardcore these days so it's funny reading this post as i can relate to most of it.
the only bands i really care about in the usa these days is Stout and Wisdom In Chains (and i don't even own Class War yet)
in the uk, it's Hellbent Diehard and The Deathskulls.
if you like the heavy shit, check out Hellbent Diehard.
If you like the old school shit, check out The Deathskulls.

as for the american bands go, it's kinda the same.... i listen to Stout for that heavy shit, and Wisdom for that good ol' singalong hardcore punk shit.

but i haven't really come across any other bands that match the caliber of these four bands.

Thats cool. I guess I can pass on it then. I will check out Death skull when I get the chance
upyerbum
Posting Freak

Mood: Condemned 84

[*] posted on 1-16-2008 at 12:15 PM

I love live shows, I don't even really care who's playing these days. I love going to shows, I love playing shows. I think the difference with the music these days is availability, every money hungry yob diggin' gold from rock and roll, can now market to the masses, wasn't like that years ago. So obviously there's going to be a mountain of shit out there, you broaden the talent pool you bring down the calibre of the music. Personally I don't think the scene has changed at all, in the 80's hardcore was destroying punk, in the 90's grunge was destroying hardcore, now, Emo's destroying everything, but the underground is still there and there are still great bands playing great tunes. There have always been posers, and there always will. They go away eventually though.

Well, its this place where nobody works, and the pigs don\'t give you any shit. Everyone smokes weed and gets drunk all day. Its a place where cunts like me and you can truly take it easy and relax. Know what I mean?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top