Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: 1 week after its release
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron

In fairness to B9, I'd bet that there was some sort of unforeseen delay at the vinyl pressing plant that's caused this delay. It's not the first time this has happened with B9, and they're not the only label it happens to. Any label that sells vinyl could potentially run into a delay like this. The way I read your post is that you're saying the label owes money to the plant and that's why the label is delayed. The plant is waiting for the payment, but I'm guessing that isn't the issue at all. It's something completely out of B9's hands. Does it suck and is it annoying? Most certainly, but shit happens. You're gonna get your shit sooner or later.

Clevos problem is that he bought the LP and the CD. the CD was ready and shipped on time. The problem is that anyone that ordred the LP and the CD has not gotten the CD yet because they are waiting to ship them together.

I understand what youre saying, but even if it was 100% the fault of the pressing plant I think that B9 should have sucked it up and shipped the CDs to the people if they ordred both. What would it have been... $2 to cover the extra shipping which (like most lables/sellers) they over charge on anyway.

At the ABSOLUTE LEAST... I would have appreciated an email explaining that there was a delay. I havent emailed them or anything so if it wasnt for the board I would have thought maybe my package was lost in the mail.

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moron
Quote:
Originally posted by clevohardcore
It's fucking bullshit. I don't want to hear about things not being in. They advertised a PRE-ORDER which in my eyes mean you get priority and a commitment that you will get your shit when they advertise they will. THey should have had the fucking colored vinyla dn everything in before they ship date. Its jsu that simple. It seems the label is living beyond its means and on credit. All I have to say is I will be fucking even more angry not getting the GREEN vinyl as expected since we pre-ordered that day. I can see a broke record label keeping the vinyl for themselves to pawn on EBAY.

In fairness to B9, I'd bet that there was some sort of unforeseen delay at the vinyl pressing plant that's caused this delay. It's not the first time this has happened with B9, and they're not the only label it happens to. Any label that sells vinyl could potentially run into a delay like this. The way I read your post is that you're saying the label owes money to the plant and that's why the label is delayed. The plant is waiting for the payment, but I'm guessing that isn't the issue at all. It's something completely out of B9's hands. Does it suck and is it annoying? Most certainly, but shit happens. You're gonna get your shit sooner or later.

^^^^^^^^ Look man, I am one of the most understanding people around. I know shit happens but this isn't shit happening. This is promising something and not delivering. I have called them several times and asked what was up and they never once apologized, tried to make things right. Nothing. I have been in customer service/sales etc for most my life. And never would I call this an unforsen issue. It's more like a promise not delivered, but you will get your product some day soon. Who knows when but someday. I know of no other business that would operate this way and get away with it, unless your talking about the US government. ;)

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 07:14 PM

Chris Wrenn registered to defend the b9 board, i figure he woulda posted here by now.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 07:48 PM

Well, the LP's are shipping now.. so they should turn up soon.

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

Mood: Beltones

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Six66Mike
Chris Wrenn registered to defend the b9 board, i figure he woulda posted here by now.
Apparently he was too busy defending those fruity flags he's pushing over in that other thread to bother with responding to a complaint about his business practices.

Veritas odium parit
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:08 PM

whoah i didn't even know this post was about me or B9. next time make the thread "chris wrenn is an asshole this is why" so i will check it out.

• if you called and someone was rude to you, it was probably matt (our mailorder guy) who in his defense DOES deal with a lot of idiots on a regular basis, and our office doesn't have AC and it's been like 100 degrees and the dude is sweating his balls off. nothing personal.
• if you only ordered the CD, and didn't get it, please get in touch with him. mailorder@bridge9.com
• if you ordered the CD and LP and haven't gotten either because we haven't gotten the vinyl in, please download the album from the link provided when you bought the record. technology is AWESOME. you'll be stoked when you get the layout, it's literally a book, but again, thanks for your patience.
• the LP was temporarily delayed. The pressing plant started pressing them and they f-ed up the labels. it happens. seriously, vinyl is a HUGE headache sometimes and delays are inevitable. this is like the first record that has been late in probably 2 years (that's around 30 records @ B9) so cut us some slack.
• we're not amazon. We can't analyze each and every order and slice and dice your order all the time. We're honest, we'll take care of it, most orders ship in a VERY timely manner and as someone pointed out if it slips up somewhere we'll make good on it. We've got one dude right now trying to deal with like 3,000+ orders a month so please bear with us. New part time guy starts this week too.
• I thought the LP's were arriving today, they didn't, word is tomorrow. We'll get them out to you all ASAP.
• for those of you who stuck up for our mailorder service, thank you (we actually run a real tight ship all things considered).
• if you have any further problems drop me an email - chris@bridge9.com and I'm happy to try to get to the bottom of it.
- Chris
B9
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tireironsaint
Quote:
Apparently he was too busy defending those fruity flags he's pushing over in that other thread to bother with responding to a complaint about his business practices.

someone hates fun
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisB9
Quote:
Quote:

someone hates fun
You've got a sad idea of fun, champ.

Veritas odium parit
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:16 PM

no worries but with all due respect, what do you do for a living? who do you work for?
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:26 PM

Quote:
no worries but with all due respect, what do you do for a living? who do you work for?
Who do I work for? What, are you trying to pull the rich kid insults from high school and say I suck because I work for a living?

Sorry, I work two jobs to make it through. I work hard and I take pride in my work. Some of us don't have the chance to turn our hobby into a way to make money off kids who don't know any better.

Veritas odium parit
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Who do I work for? What, are you trying to pull the rich kid insults from high school and say I suck because I work for a living?

Sorry, I work two jobs to make it through. I work hard and I take pride in my work. Some of us don't have the chance to turn our hobby into a way to make money off kids who don't know any better.

I have NOTHING but respect for people who work hard for their living. Hell my "hobby" is a 12+ hour work day (and has been for many, many years). I'm lucky that I love what I do almost every single minute but I did work hard for the past 13 years to make it a reality - nothing was handed to me. I wasn't insulting you for working at all - maybe just pointing out that while we both work hard, if you have time to analyze my efforts and call them "pretty fuckin' gay" on a messageboard, maybe you aren't working hard enough.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:40 PM

Seriously?
Number 1, anyone that wants to tell me I don't work hard enough better be signing my paycheck. Where the fuck do you get off trying to pull that words from on high bullshit?
Number 2, it doesn't take analysis to see those flags as fruity money-grabs. I don't think they've even sold shit that tacky at the county fair since 1987.

Veritas odium parit
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:45 PM

Quote:
Seriously?
Number 1, anyone that wants to tell me I don't work hard enough better be signing my paycheck. Where the fuck do you get off trying to pull that words from on high bullshit?
Number 2, it doesn't take analysis to see those flags as fruity money-grabs. I don't think they've even sold shit that tacky at the county fair since 1987.

I stand by what I said.
If we wanted to "cash in" with them we wouldn't limit them to 500 each and we'd have them in hot topics everywhere, because a) if you don't think these are something that kids want you're out of touch and b) the list of record labels, bands, and other associated people who have hit me up trying to get the info on how to make them is like a mile long, so I'm not exactly off the mark.

hold that "county fair" remark for if we ever start making screenprinted framed mirrors, which might not be a bad idea... limited editions, of course.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:48 PM

I'm happy to be out of touch with "the kids", those fuckers have helped your kind destroy Hard Core.
You're really gonna claim that limited edition doesn't sell more shit faster in the scene you sell to? Honestly?

Veritas odium parit
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Seriously?

I stand by what I said.
If we wanted to "cash in" with them we wouldn't limit them to 500 each and we'd have them in hot topics everywhere, because a) if you don't think these are something that kids want you're out of touch and b) the list of record labels, bands, and other associated people who have hit me up trying to get the info on how to make them is like a mile long, so I'm not exactly off the mark.

hold that "county fair" remark for if we ever start making screenprinted framed mirrors, which might not be a bad idea... limited editions, of course.
As for the county fair remark, maybe it would've been closer to compare you to head shops selling Pink Floyd and Sabbath flags to 40 year old stoners living in their parents' basements.

Veritas odium parit
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 09:56 PM

Quote:
I'm happy to be out of touch with "the kids", those fuckers have helped your kind destroy Hard Core.
You're really gonna claim that limited edition doesn't sell more shit faster in the scene you sell to? Honestly?

I didn't claim that, but what's a better biz move - selling 500 over 5 or 6 months, or 3,000 over a couple of years? I know each one would have cost a hell of a lot less if I made that many.

I thought Al Gore / The Internet ruined Hard Core.

Seriously though, you know what didn't help hardcore? Hanging out on a messageboard talking about how hardcore was ruined. What happened to people fading out and disappearing after dropping out of hardcore? If anything the Internet DID ruin hardcore by giving those people a forum to bitch and moan.
Lucabrasi
Posting Freak

Mood: f-minus

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 10:06 PM

From my experience with B9 I have never had a major issue with getting stuff on time. I think One order got to me late. I contracted them and they shipped it out with some extra stuff. I had also visited the B9 headquarters in Salem back in 04 and talk to Chris personally. He was a very nice and stand up guy. They showed me arround the place and gave me some free stuff and sold me some shirts dirt cheap. :thumbup:
DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 10:08 PM

I was worried that I wouldn't get my LP because I am moving June 19th but the mailorder dude was more than happy to accommodate and take my new address down. That's pretty cool!

\"rap isn\'t music\" - mozart
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I didn't claim that, but what's a better biz move - selling 500 over 5 or 6 months, or 3,000 over a couple of years? I know each one would have cost a hell of a lot less if I made that many.

Seriously though, you know what didn't help hardcore? Hanging out on a messageboard talking about how hardcore was ruined. What happened to people fading out and disappearing after dropping out of hardcore? If anything the Internet DID ruin hardcore by giving those people a forum to bitch and moan.

You tell me, Mr. wheeler dealer.

In general, I spend my time on here talking to people I actually like and respect about things we give a shit about, not getting drawn into some bullshit because some business man got his panties in a wad over his silly merch getting pissed on. If that's what you see as killing HC then whatever it is that you call hardcore deserves to die a painful death. You really wanna talk about people wasting time on a messageboard, I think you know what website to look on. It's funny, I actually just had somebody tell me that blowing up a board with a bunch of stupid shit is now called B9ing it. Sounds about right to me.

Veritas odium parit
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You tell me, Mr. wheeler dealer.

In general, I spend my time on here talking to people I actually like and respect about things we give a shit about, not getting drawn into some bullshit because some business man got his panties in a wad over his silly merch getting pissed on. If that's what you see as killing HC then whatever it is that you call hardcore deserves to die a painful death. You really wanna talk about people wasting time on a messageboard, I think you know what website to look on. It's funny, I actually just had somebody tell me that blowing up a board with a bunch of stupid shit is now called B9ing it. Sounds about right to me.

Well, I am definitely NOT going to argue that the B9 board is a tremendous waste of a lot of peoples time! For better or worse, like 15,000+ people check it out every single day though, something keeps them coming back.
Anyway, no panties were in a wad, no feelings hurt, just casually responding to your "pretty fuckin' gay" comment with a light hearted "you don't like fun". The banners will either sell or they won't (the first batch did well) and if they sell through, we'll probably make some new ones. And like I alluded to before, if every person who inquired about the manufacturing process follows through with finding out how to do it themselves, you'll see a banner or two hanging in every kids bedroom sooner or later, like it or not.
tireironsaint
* BANNED *

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 11:02 PM

Good for those kids and your business.

My original comment, while directed at a product of yours, wasn't actually intended for you, so don't think I spend my time lookin' to pick the internet equivalent of slap fights with people I'll more than likely never meet. I did, however, lower my estimation of you based on this exchange though. While before I just distrusted and disliked your company, now I find you to be distasteful in general. Anyone who feels the need to throw out the rich kids jabs and then deflect criticism for doing so with a backhanded comment is in the sleazy section of my book. Not that you are gonna care what I say, since I'm not one of your regular customers anyway.

I will admit, in the past I've bought some stuff from your label because occasionally you have picked up a great band or two for a release or two, but after the trouble I always had with your mailorder services and now this interchange with you, it's a definite no-go. I'm one of those guys who has been around forever and still believes in supporting the bands and associated businesses that belong in this thing of ours, but by the same token I never fail to bypass the ones I see as shady dealers or whatever. Good luck to you in your business, but please learn not to try to talk shit on a working man's living. I had almost gained a little respect for you based on some of your responses, but that kind of bullshit put a bullet in it's head.

Veritas odium parit
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 11:31 PM

Quote:
Good for those kids and your business.

My original comment, while directed at a product of yours, wasn't actually intended for you, so don't think I spend my time lookin' to pick the internet equivalent of slap fights with people I'll more than likely never meet. I did, however, lower my estimation of you based on this exchange though. While before I just distrusted and disliked your company, now I find you to be distasteful in general. Anyone who feels the need to throw out the rich kids jabs and then deflect criticism for doing so with a backhanded comment is in the sleazy section of my book. Not that you are gonna care what I say, since I'm not one of your regular customers anyway.

I will admit, in the past I've bought some stuff from your label because occasionally you have picked up a great band or two for a release or two, but after the trouble I always had with your mailorder services and now this interchange with you, it's a definite no-go. I'm one of those guys who has been around forever and still believes in supporting the bands and associated businesses that belong in this thing of ours, but by the same token I never fail to bypass the ones I see as shady dealers or whatever. Good luck to you in your business, but please learn not to try to talk shit on a working man's living. I had almost gained a little respect for you based on some of your responses, but that kind of bullshit put a bullet in it's head.

I totally understand, but please realize that I was never talking shit on a "working mans living". Not in the slightest. I am not a "rich kid", B9 was built from scratch and without any handouts or trustfunds. As such, I'm really proud of what I do and when I read something like your "pretty fuckin' gay" comment, I don't take it personally but in the respect that I'm a 30 something dude who grew up listening to probably a lot of the same bands and have released multiple bands that crossover to this board, I lurk from time to time, and commented back - with what I thought was pretty light-hearted retort. My "what do you do for a living" comment was not a jab at the working man, because I am one too - it was more of a "I hope you're doing something pretty f-n cool if you're so opinionated" type of jab. Anyway, I literally ONLY have respect for people who work hard, be it in a machine shop or at their "hobby". You know who I have a TON of respect for? The guy who owns the building that I rent from. He's runs his own biz on the first floor, I'm on the 3rd - and when we got a big shipment in one day, he got on his fork lift and spent an hour helping us unload. He owns a pretty big building and is successful in his own right, yet he's out there helping us and thinking nothing of it. THAT I respect. I wasn't taking a shot at you for being a "working stiff" or anything, you took that out of context. I was however pointing out that if you were taking shots, I'd love to hear what it was that you did that was so grand. But, I also know that what i do is advertised and open for criticism, and your job is not. This became a whole lot more serious than intended, but I think it's obvious that the guy with the chip on their shoulder is not me. Anyway, feel free to have the last word.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 11:33 PM

Quote:
whoah i didn't even know this post was about me or B9. next time make the thread "chris wrenn is an asshole this is why" so i will check it out.

• if you called and someone was rude to you, it was probably matt (our mailorder guy) who in his defense DOES deal with a lot of idiots on a regular basis, and our office doesn't have AC and it's been like 100 degrees and the dude is sweating his balls off. nothing personal.
• if you only ordered the CD, and didn't get it, please get in touch with him. mailorder@bridge9.com
• if you ordered the CD and LP and haven't gotten either because we haven't gotten the vinyl in, please download the album from the link provided when you bought the record. technology is AWESOME. you'll be stoked when you get the layout, it's literally a book, but again, thanks for your patience.
• the LP was temporarily delayed. The pressing plant started pressing them and they f-ed up the labels. it happens. seriously, vinyl is a HUGE headache sometimes and delays are inevitable. this is like the first record that has been late in probably 2 years (that's around 30 records @ B9) so cut us some slack.
• we're not amazon. We can't analyze each and every order and slice and dice your order all the time. We're honest, we'll take care of it, most orders ship in a VERY timely manner and as someone pointed out if it slips up somewhere we'll make good on it. We've got one dude right now trying to deal with like 3,000+ orders a month so please bear with us. New part time guy starts this week too.
• I thought the LP's were arriving today, they didn't, word is tomorrow. We'll get them out to you all ASAP.
• for those of you who stuck up for our mailorder service, thank you (we actually run a real tight ship all things considered).
• if you have any further problems drop me an email - chris@bridge9.com and I'm happy to try to get to the bottom of it.
- Chris
B9

^^^^^^^^^^^ Dude, besides my order this is all I ever wanted. A heads up on what is going on. Even something on B9 stating it. Thats all. Just so I and whoever else ordered know your thinking of us that actually pre-ordered. Not some dude on the phone with vague/rude answers. It's all good and I am happy you responded. Look forward to the new H2O release.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
ChrisB9

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 11:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:

- Chris
B9

^^^^^^^^^^^ Dude, besides my order this is all I ever wanted. A heads up on what is going on. Even something on B9 stating it. Thats all. Just so I and whoever else ordered know your thinking of us that actually pre-ordered. Not some dude on the phone with vague/rude answers. It's all good and I am happy you responded. Look forward to the new H2O release.

thanks man no problem at all. if you ever liked H2O I don't think you'll be disappointed! Anyway, we've tried to keep people informed about the delay - on the b9 board, we even sent an email to everyone who ordered with a status report, but it seems some people didn't get it (maybe spam filters?). Either way, it'll be on its way as soon as it possibly can. Again, thanks for ordering.
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 6-9-2008 at 11:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

- Chris
B9

thanks man no problem at all. if you ever liked H2O I don't think you'll be disappointed! Anyway, we've tried to keep people informed about the delay - on the b9 board, we even sent an email to everyone who ordered with a status report, but it seems some people didn't get it (maybe spam filters?). Either way, it'll be on its way as soon as it possibly can. Again, thanks for ordering.

^^^^^^^^ Right on.
:yes:

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top