Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Speak English
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-10-2007 at 06:08 PM

I think the whole language barrier thing is way further overblown than it really is. I've never met long time immigrants that can't speak the language unless they're older. I don't expect the elderly to pick up the language by any means. Good luck getting old Americans to change their habits, whatever they may be. Fortunately for most Americans they won't be forced out of the country due to circumstances out of their control... this is not the case with alot of immigrants. Political refugees, economic opportunities are things which people feel they have to leave their homeland for their own survival... and language really isn't that much of a problem.

I think it's a matter of fear that people get all bent out of shape when people speak different languages. Fear of difference. And let's face it, more Americans are ripping off the social security system than any immigrant population.

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 2-10-2007 at 07:13 PM

A fear? Maybe for the minority of people but what bends me out of shape is like I said, this is the only country that doesn't have an official language. Everywhere you go it has English and Spanish. It isn't like that anywhere.

And I'm laughing at your statement about SS, while people everywhere are abusing welfare the illegitimate immigraints are draining the economy that taxpayers pay for; trash collection, school, health insurance, etc,. And don't legal immigraints get tax breaks out of the ass when they move here? They get all the benefits of Americans, the least they could do is learn the language.

ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 2-11-2007 at 12:39 AM

YOU AMERICANS HAVE NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT FUCK OFF! (KIDDIN I LOVE YA'LL ON THIS BOARD) TRY LIVING IN TORONTO.

EVEN THE GOVERNMENT ARE FAIRLY REPRESENTED BY IMMIGRANTS ONLY THEY CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH OR THEY HAVE ACCENTS NEAR IMPOSSIBILE TO UNDERSTAND. AND I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH IT I LIVE IN A PART OF THE CITY WHICH IS BASICALLY THE WHOLE EAST SIDE WHERE ITS ABOUT 10% WHITE AND MOSTLY WHITE TRASH! SO IM USED TO DEALING WITH THICK FOREIGN ACCENTS... WHEN I WENT TO GET MY LICENSE I HAD TO ASK THIS BROAD 5 TIMES WHAT SHE WAS SAYING AND IT WAS JUST SAD. THEY ARE PLENTY OF IMMIGRANTS THAT SPEAK BETTER ENGLISH AND THEY HAVE THEM? IT'S WACK!

IF YOU'RE WHITE HERE, FOR EXAMPLE, ONE JOB YOU CANNOT GET EVEN IF YOU HAVE HIGHER SCORES ON TESTS AND VIA THE COLLEGE PROGRAMS IS A COP. THEY WILL TAKE ANY ONE OF NON-WHITE NATIONALITY OVER A WHITEY JUST TO FILL THE QUOTA! SAME GOES FOR ANY OTHER GOV. JOBS HERE REALLY.

IM NOT RACIST BY ANY MEANS BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM HERE.

PEOPLE CAN LIVE THEIR ENTIRE LIVES IN CANADA AND PROBABLY AMERICA TOO AND NOT EVEN LEARN THE NATIVE LANGUAGE - BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE TO, THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SECLUDED COMMUNITIES IN WHICH TO THRIVE AND LIVE COMFORTABLY.

ITS A LOSE LOSE. NOTHING WILL CHANGE. "EXCEPT MAYBE FOR THE WORST"

MY RANT AND 2 CENTS. LATER.

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 2-11-2007 at 01:11 AM

Living in Toronto sucks, and ENDERA explained it perfectly.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
joe

Mood: death threat

[*] posted on 2-11-2007 at 09:09 PM

Ive worked in kichens for more than ten years and it gets frustrating dealing with people who speak no english at all. Most of the workers will try and take classes. I did work work with this one guy who had been here for more than ten years and new no english at all because he just didnt give a shit to learn and it made it hard for everybody who worked with him that just pissed me off daily.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-11-2007 at 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com
A fear? Maybe for the minority of people but what bends me out of shape is like I said, this is the only country that doesn't have an official language. Everywhere you go it has English and Spanish. It isn't like that anywhere.

And I'm laughing at your statement about SS, while people everywhere are abusing welfare the illegitimate immigraints are draining the economy that taxpayers pay for; trash collection, school, health insurance, etc,. And don't legal immigraints get tax breaks out of the ass when they move here? They get all the benefits of Americans, the least they could do is learn the language.

How about calling your politicians and foolish government policies to task for draining the economy. Neo-cons wasted a surplus, NOT immigrants... legal or "illegal."

Sometimes I fucking hate this country and everyone in it...

Siczine.com
Posting Freak

Mood: Cynical

[*] posted on 2-11-2007 at 10:03 PM

Who is it, the government or the americans that are draining the economy? First you said it's Americans ripping off the SS system now it's the government? Well, no shit the government is at fault here. Not only the all the money wasted on a useless war but various other shit like them giving them selves raises on a yearly basis. And the gov't is also at fault so being PC on our nonexistent national language. They are also at fault for a shitload of other reasons that don't pertain to this thread. But when someone is moves to the country for a "better life" and refuse to adopt our language is sickening.

And I'm sure plenty of people would like to see you exiled from this country. I'll be the typical overly patriotic hick, even though I'm far from it and say, if you hate it so bad fucking move....

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-12-2007 at 10:14 AM

On a lighter note, Pudgies , In Norristown Pa, makes a far superior cheese steak to any of them slop shops in s philly. the thought has my mouth watering.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-13-2007 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Siczine.com

And I'm sure plenty of people would like to see you exiled from this country. I'll be the typical overly patriotic hick, even though I'm far from it and say, if you hate it so bad fucking move....

That's the kind of attitude that keeps things from changing.
"If you don't like it leave" instead of "if you don't like it do something about it." Unfortunately the electoral system is a fucking joke. So what do we do about it?

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 2-15-2007 at 01:50 AM

haha there's a fishning shop in Adelaide that did the same thing and got wicked shit, but he didn't know what all the Chinese guys were after when they went in his shop & they were loitering & wrecking shit, so he put up a sign that said "English only please".

I say good, if you move to an English speaking country you need to learn the language to do business. I had a guy on the phone last week, didn't speak a word of English or know what a modem was. How do you expect to get served if you don't know the local language?

i don't expect people in China or India to understand me, if I went shopping there I would be fucked. I'm not gonna sue or raise a stink because they don't have translators on site.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 2-15-2007 at 10:53 AM

Dell has switched to rerouting the customer service calls to Canada instead of India and China. It made it a hell of alot easier being able to understand them
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top